What was your first deer ever ?

Slickbowht

Mine was a button buck that I thought was a doe. Last day I could hunt that season, last 30 minutes of shooting light. The deer jumped up in front of me as I was walking back to camp (feeling a little defeated I might add). It stared at me for a second, then took off running up a ridge. I used the iron sights on my rife under my scope and took a shot while it ran up the hill. I hit him good and he came crashing back down the hill flipping end over end, and fell close to where he jumped up from.

The rest is probably too graphic to share here, but I will say I remember my left leg shaking nearly uncontrollably.

Didn't realize it was a buck until starting to gut him.

Man seems so long ago. My dad, older brother and I went to camp. Those two went bow hunting and I slept in. When they came back we had breakfast and I then headed out. I wasn't in the stand 20 min and here comes a 6pt right to my stand. He was so close and I tried to make a noise for him to stop, but it was so loud he ran back out about 15-20yrs broadside. I drew and shot. I think I moved my bow as I was shooting and ended up hitting its back leg. Oh boy I knew were the arrow went but when I got back to camp I told them I shot a buck but didn't see where the arrow hit. After a long track job and loosing hope (he back tracked) he was laying by a pine tree. I think I was 14 yr 1992.

I love my mod.11. My grandpa who passed 2 years ago left it to me. I kill a deer with it every year

Mine was my Dads back I the day I used it when he was not going out. He passed 2 yards ago at 89 .

That's a good idea I should take it out a d knock something down.

After several seasons of frustration (missing) I dropped a 4 point with a .35 Rem TC Contender.Opening day 1990 I believe. I was sitting on a camo painted metal folding chair and hot seat I had set up on the foundation of a long gone house or barn on state land in Allegany County.The buck was looking at me from behind some brush and never knew what hit him.I took the buck back to camp ungutted and proceeded to gut it using instructions from an NRA magazine as a guide. It took a while but I got it done.I still have the rack and hide.

I was sitting in brush so thick I could only see 10 yds. surrounded by swamp. when the 9 point with a 3" drop tine came into the opening and started browsing, it took me 10 minutes to slowly get my gun swung around to point at him. By the time I had it shouldered he was less than 15' away. Needless to say I was hooked! I was so lucky that day .I didn't even know     what sent control or downwind meant yet..lol I was using a borrowed 280 rem. semi and it was good that my neck shot killed him on the spot because the gun was jammed after that shot anyway.