How to "crack" a safe??

First-light

Long story short…..I just bought a house from an original owner. It was built in 1942 and has two safes. One built into the foundation and one in the hallway closet. The house has not been lived in  (but cared for) since 1987 when the owner died. It was left to a Niece that passed away in February. The safe in the basement is open but the hallway safe is locked. The executor  of the trust did not have the combination. There is no family living to inquire about the combination. So how do I get into this thing???

Edited by First-light

Some safes have the rear plate is light gauge metal and is easy to "can open" with a axe.I have seen many at the scrap yard like this.Another thing that could be done is buy a small wire camera from harbor freight and drill a hole,see whats there and the formulate a game plan of how to extract it.

• Like 1

Burt, instead of videotaping your misses at deer, you need to videotape yourself opening this safe and then post it here for all of us to see.  Now that would be a video worth watching.  Who knows what you'll find in there?  Maybe nothing but the old dead guys dentures.  LOL

• Like 1

Burt, instead of videotaping your misses at deer, you need to videotape yourself opening this safe and then post it here for all of us to see.  Now that would be a video worth watching.  Who knows what you'll find in there?  Maybe nothing but the old dead guys dentures.  LOL

Very Funny but she was never married. I'm thinking gold coins, exotic jewelry and cold hard cash!! lol

and what you mean "worth watching" ??????? I received a million hits on YouTube from that miss video!!

• Like 2

Very Funny but she was never married. I'm thinking gold coins, exotic jewelry and cold hard cash!! lol

and what you mean "worth watching" ??????? I received a million hits on YouTube from that miss video!!

Might be her denture in there then, or some other stuff that kept her from getting too lonely without a husband.

If you got a million hits on You tube for that video, I'm sure the company that makes dramamine made some extra money too from all the people that needed relief from the motion sickness they got watching your shaky video.  LOL