Why People Hate Hunters

Curmudgeon

You all have picked out one little point I made about gas stations, yet fail to address the Hunter safety issue I've brought up 3 times.

I think people are going after you're anti gun hunter comments......the gas station one was just so comical that it was an easy target to pick on.

• Like 1

You all have picked out one little point I made about gas stations, yet fail to address the Hunter safety issue I've brought up 3 times.

Wait a minute...... aren't you the same Belo that admittedly shoots before and after legal shooting hours.

I don't think you're allowed to address safety issues at this point and expect to be taken seriously. :sorry:

Edited by wooly
  • Like 2

beware the gas pumping hunter, odds are he'll wind up shooting you........and we've all seen the path of death and destruction left behind by the youth hunters during their special early deer season, quite the horror show, right Belo?

Edited by jjb4900

Elevation gained by putting others in a hole is false.

depends on your perspective though doesn't it?

Wait a minute...... aren't you the same Belo that admittedly shoots before and after legal shooting hours.

I don't think you're allowed to address safety issues at this point and expect to be taken seriously. :sorry:

only once. to put a dying deer out of his misery.

only once. to put a dying deer out of his misery.

I could care less.

You want to know why I hate hunters.

Threads like this that make them all sound like whining little cry babies that demand special attention.

It's almost embarrassing to be associated with the kiddy nonsense any more.

Edited by wooly

5:30 AM opening day still pitch black i hear gunshots, 6 PM i hear more. That doesnt help us hunters either.

In whom's eye's?  This goes more on hunters thoughts on other hunters! After all it was you and all the other hunters that heard the shots, not peta or any other group.

This is why i believe Belo is spot on. Its the so called hunters that come out for the first weekend to kill anything they see regardless of where it is, whom's property they do it on and whether its a legal time of day doing it. They do in a way give the sport a bad name but they more so piss of the hunters that try and do things the way they should be done.

Couldn't stomach to read all the posts, but I know what Belo is saying and I have to agree. As one small example, most of my neighbors party all October and early November and largely stay out of the woods until GUN season. 

Come Saturday, it was the old "5 shots in under 8 seconds" over and over and over. Many bow hunters also do stupid things but you have to admit gun season brings out an entire new breed of moron and in strong numbers.

• Like 1

I could care less.

You want to know why I hate hunters.

Threads like this that make them all sound like whining little cry babies that demand special attention.

It's almost embarrassing to be associated with the kiddy nonsense any more.

Wahhh. A gun Hunter does something stupid, I comment on it and the world defends him. Were some of you guys in ferguson last month protesting that too?

Now I admit I am a newbie hunter who has only been at this for a few years. One questiion comes to my mind. It seems to me there is a pretty strong belief that bow hunters are safer/more ethical than gun only hunters. Do bow hunters get an unfair pass as being more ethical/safer just because everyone in town doesnt hear when they make those poor decisions? As an example, whos to say bow hunters arent shooting just as much or more before/after legal hours for the simple fact that nobody would know if they didn't witness it.

• Like 4

Nah just keeping it clear that you think any kind of hunting is fine regardless of where as long as it is legal and you support all as such!

While i dont particulary care for the high fence thing, and dont think all of it can be called hunting, my problem with the industry is the transportation and disease issues, but thats really for another thread, and i think weve beaten that horse to a pulp this year, dont you? : )

Sitting here reading the comments about bow hunters being more ethical, and "gun hunters....." makes me really sad for this sport. Instead of calling out the bad apples, generalizations are made, and you basically divide us based on the weapon we are using vs what type of a hunter we are. Stuff like that is a win for the antis. Some of you are your own worst enemy and dont even realize it.

Yep.

Wahhh. A gun Hunter does something stupid, I comment on it and the world defends him. Were some of you guys in ferguson last month protesting that too?

Wait a minute, who defended someone doing something stupid? People are going after your generalizations and attitude toward others that dont share your hunting style. Let it sink in this time before you reply.

So, here we are, beating each other up over perceptions, opinions, undocumented claims, etc., etc.  It sure sounds like the world of hunting is coming apart at the seams, doesn't it? And then from the background comes the whiney voice of that great American Rodney King (*sarcasm alert*), "Can't we all just get along"?

The answer to that is "Absolutely not". As long as we each have a brain, and the intellect to form opinions, there will be disagreements and some of them may become quite loud and impassioned. That's just human nature. But don't make more of it than it really is. Frankly I am glad there are open discussions about these kinds of issues. It sure is a lot better than everyone just walking in lock-step never considering the rightness or wrongness of hunting issues. The whole concept of "fair chase" and hunting ethics did not come about because people were more interested in quietly getting along than in doing things right.

Sorry if I started another row. I seem to have a talent for that. My young friend and I were just sharing what was heard.

I consider myself and the people who hunt my property to be among the most ethical of hunters - even during gun season. We only use non-lead ammo. My crew killed 7 deer with 7 bullets over the weekend. (Actually, 80 year old Dad shot 2 more times not realizing he had put the first one through the lungs. The deer was dead. Dad and that big doe just didn't know it yet. Bullets 2 and 3 would have also been fatal.)

For years -  in Cortland and now Otsego County - I have heard the iconic 5 shots, then another 5, then another 5, all the time being able to follow the deer's path through the landscape by the noise. I am as disturbed by this as any elitist bow hunter. I no longer bow hunt for a number of reasons even though some of my crew still do. I decry the behavior of bad hunters no matter what tools they use.

• Like 1

While i dont particulary care for the high fence thing, and dont think all of it can be called hunting, my problem with the industry is the transportation and disease issues, but thats really for another thread, and i think weve beaten that horse to a pulp this year, dont you? : )

Yup i agree but you say that sitting over a bait pile is hunting because the law says so. Shooting fish(Bear) in/on a barrel if you will? Hunting? Not in these eye's. But Legal.

Cant wait for this live test to come down the line to prove once and for all on the transportation/disease thing and then you will kinda have to support the high fence guys( Your words remember...Its Legal!) or will things change then?

Yup i agree but you say that sitting over a bait pile is hunting because the law says so. Shooting fish(Bear) in/on a barrel if you will? Hunting? Not in these eye's. But Legal.

Cant wait for this live test to come down the line to prove once and for all on the transportation/disease thing and then you will kinda have to support the high fence guys( Your words remember...Its Legal!) or will things change then?

Hang on a second. I said it was ethical because it's legal. I also said its not as easy as some perceive it to be. I don't have a problem with it where it's legal. That's all.

I'm not getting sucked into the high fence vortex. I just told you the basics of my feelings on it lol.

How's your gun season going so far? Spent any time out my way in the park since bow season?

Sub-culture? So according to you, people that dont bow hunt, and only gun hunt are a sub-culture? Who gives a damn how many weekends someone has to dedicate to hunting, if they smoke, etc they are still a hunter, and you snubbing your nose to them, degrading them, etc regardless if they are breaking any law or not is the win for the antis. It means we are not sticking together, and are giving up what strength our numbers give us.

If you look at license sales, bow hunters are the subculture.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1