Poaching/Trespassing

DirtTime

I have read at least 15 threads started about poachers and trespassers. So, I have a few questions. Yeah, I know this thread will go awry fast...But, I have a need to know........

Where do you all hunt? I highly doubt you have poachers in a suburban area. With the law so close? "Shots fired in blah blah." will get attention. Fast! 20 miles from the nearest town, I could see them poaching that area. Not 5 minutes from the local Quickie Mart.

Trespassers? Read a ton that people who see stands and so on, on the land they "have privileged/solo right to". Yet, not one person has taken a pic of the alleged stand. We all carry a cell phone with a camera. So, why are these stands not documented? No pics of the Posted signs on the ground?

I know where this thread will go, and it's pretty lame that it will take that turn. But, I really have a need to want to know.

I spend a lot of time up on my hill all times of the year. So believe me when I say that I find a lot of trespassers. My property is very heavily posted such that no one can enter without always being within sight of at least three signs at any point on the boundary. I have found dirt bikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, hunters, hikers, vandals, and have found the remnants of campfires that were built at some rather hazardous dry times of the year. So I don't know whether your post is intended to call to question whether claims of trespassers are lies or what you are really getting at. But I will flat out tell you that not only do trespassers exist, but they exist on a very regular frequency.

Actually, there are a few threads that have included game camera pictures of trespassers, so it isn't quite accurate to say that none of this is documented. As for taking pictures of stands, I'm not sure what that would prove that a simple post description does not. Are we doubting that unauthorized stands do show up on private lands? I don't doubt that it happens and happens regularly.

Regarding poachers, I have no reason to question anyone who claims to know of, or suspect poaching activity. And that would include anywhere that there are deer. Again, I don't know what this thread is getting at, but I really don't believe that there are too many people who don't think poachers exist.

This is nothing but pot stirring, I agree.

What is the need for posting pics of stands? Why does the person need to post pics on a freaking hunting forum?

People who have trespassing and poaching issues don't need any additional problems, least of which is getting chastized for not posting evidence of it online.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

No, I am not trying to get panties ruffled.

I am not calling anyone a liar.

I am just trying to understand a few things. This is a legitimate question. Not a baiting or trolling thread.

The private land I hunt, part of the deal is if I see someone who doesn't belong there, or I find a stand/blind, w/e. I have to tell the land owner ASAP, and get pics. Doesn't seem to be an issue on that land.

But, why wouldn't everyone who suspects others might be where they are not welcome take pics as well. Easier to talk to the land owner or DEC if you have proof.

I am just asking a question. Something I feel is a solid question. If you want to to distort it, that's you not me.

No, I am not trying to get panties ruffled.

I am not calling anyone a liar.

I am just trying to understand a few things. This is a legitimate question. Not a baiting or trolling thread.

The private land I hunt, part of the deal is if I see someone who doesn't belong there, or I find a stand/blind, w/e. I have to tell the land owner ASAP, and get pics. Doesn't seem to be an issue on that land.

But, why wouldn't everyone who suspects others might be where they are not welcome take pics as well. Easier to talk to the land owner or DEC if you have proof.

I am just asking a question. Something I feel is a solid question. If you want to to distort it, that's you not me.

Are you making an assumption that because they don't document their issue in pics on huntingny.com that they are not taking pics or not addressing the situation in some capacity?

I still see no bearing or good that can come from this thread.

• Like 2

Maybe I can get the paperwork from the DEC on the idiots who trespassed and baited on the posted property that I hunt.? Yeah, that will work. What's the point of this thread? I'm sure most people that have access to private land have had to deal with trespassing. As far as stand pictures, what sense would that make. The farmer where I hunt wants them taken down not photographed...

I have read at least 15 threads started about poachers and trespassers. So, I have a few questions. Yeah, I know this thread will go awry fast...But, I have a need to know........

Where do you all hunt? I highly doubt you have poachers in a suburban area. With the law so close? "Shots fired in blah blah." will get attention. Fast! 20 miles from the nearest town, I could see them poaching that area. Not 5 minutes from the local Quickie Mart.

Trespassers? Read a ton that people who see stands and so on, on the land they "have privileged/solo right to". Yet, not one person has taken a pic of the alleged stand. We all carry a cell phone with a camera. So, why are these stands not documented? No pics of the Posted signs on the ground?

I know where this thread will go, and it's pretty lame that it will take that turn. But, I really have a need to want to know.

Plunk some cash down on 50 acres and you'll see it first hand, I promise.

• Like 3

As usual, you all missed the point. Just bully the OP!

This was a legit question. 

The real point was, if you have all this BS going on in your spot, why don't you take pics?  You have a phone on you 24/7 . So taking pics of stands on "Your Land " would make sense.

It doesn't matter. The word of the masses over-powers the people who ask a serious question.

Who cares right? Do what you will, bitch about all you will. No pics it didn't happen. Words from Lawd.

• Like 1

As usual, you all missed the point. Just bully the OP!

This was a legit question. 

The real point was, if you have all this BS going on in your spot, why don't you take pics?  You have a phone on you 24/7 . So taking pics of stands on "Your Land " would make sense.

It doesn't matter. The word of the masses over-powers the people who ask a serious question.

Who cares right? Do what you will, bitch about all you will. No pics it didn't happen. Words from Lawd.

You have learned that many on here like to stretch things and make up some stuff to start a thread about or to start a pot to stir. You know..Like all the goody two shoes that say they do no wrong, live by every rule and are just all going to go to the best hunting spots in the sky when they pass...You can see the 4 or 5..Whatever...

I live in Westchester county, work in Putnam, dutchess and Westchester................while at work one day in Putnam, my partner and I were chatting with a guy that drove up, that my partner knew................when he drove away, my partner laughed and told me I just met the biggest poacher I'll ever meet, many people know exactly who he is when you mention his name, dunno if he ever got caught

No one wants to be a snitch.  That's why there will always be crimes in inner cities, terrorist attacks even amongst other Muslims, and of course poaching.

There does seem to be some weird code about being a "snitch" that apparently was designed to protect those that  do anti-social things. Frankly, I don't think those kinds of people need my protection. Break the law all you want, but it probably is not a real smart idea to let me know about it.