Any fellas here into good cigars

nyantler

One of my favorite things in the world is relaxing after a long days work, or sitting by the fire at camp with a really good cigar. I keep a humidor full of cigars at all times. I was wondering if some of you are into cigars as well... I don't mean the over the counter Dutch Masters crap.. I mean a good handmade cigar. Do you have a favorite cigar? or a favorite type of cigar? or a favorite size?

I myself like a big 60 rings cigar... sometimes 4" x 60 sometime 6" x 60 depending on how much time I have to smoke. I like a medium to full flavored cigar maduro or habano wrapper cigar... I like my cigar on the peppery side... some of my favorites are CAO Brazilias, Partagus Black, and a lesser know cigar which is my absolutely favorite a Felipe II Fat-Boy...

I have a small 25-50 cigar humidor which I bought after getting some nice Hoyos cigars in the Bahamas last winter. I had to recondition it last week as the cigars were drying out since I have not smoked one in a while. I also got a bigger humidifier that holds more distilled water. So instead of filling it up every few days I do it every few weeks now. The cigars are back to normal now. Looking forward to having one but it's been to dang cold out. Waiting for a nice little warm up before I light it up.

Also like the flavored cigars Acid and Philips Blunts.

Sent with Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy 4

Edited by Deerthug

A lot of the fun for me over the years was trying new cigars and finding ones that I liked... I found that my taste in cigars changed as I came upon cigars with tastes I hadn't experienced before... many of my close friend are now cigar smokers... especially at deer camp where we all trade and enjoy different cigars together with manhattans by the fire.

I don't smoke cigars much in the winter, but love them in the summer while playing golf, on the boat, at night with drinks, etc. locally, I go to a place called Moms Cigar Warehouse in Scarsdale, it has an insane collection. I enjoy their two toned hand rolled home brand cigars (from Dominican) but I also enjoy many of the ones you guys have mentioned. I will be having a cigar bar at my wedding in June. This past August I was in PUerto Rico for my fiancés brothers wedding and they had a hand roller at the rehearsal dinner, good stuff. Some pics below

post-871-14209274633015_thumb.jpg

post-871-14209274761529_thumb.jpg

Some home brands below from Moms Cigar Warehouse.

post-871-14209275010257_thumb.jpg

Some more random cigar pics I have on my phone

post-871-14209276512822_thumb.jpg

post-871-14209276636921_thumb.jpg

post-871-14209276813031_thumb.jpg

post-871-14209277110388_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 2

I bought a Acid sampler one time. It was all across the board for enjoyment. I would try a few before committing to a box.

My dad brought some back from a cruise he went on about 7 years back. They were from one of the island he stopped at, Barbados or something. Wish I could remember what they were, it was like smoking a nice cream soda.

Edited by Terry

I love good cigars. I don't smoke them much in the winter time but spring summer and fall I have 3 or 4 a week. I love to relax outside , on the porch or by the pool, with a good cigar. I think that most none cigar people just don't get the whole flavor thing…..White Owl, Partagas, Dutch Masters, Cohiba, William Penn, Punch, Back Woods smokes and Ashton are all pretty much the same….Right??  LOL!!

• Like 1

nyantler, great pic and a good 4"x60 is Nub. Nice little cigar that will last a while. You guys are missing out on smoking in the winter. Good opportunity to get outside for sure. Shoveled a bit the other day with a nice smoke to wrap up the afternoon. Biz, love the idea of a cigar bar at the wedding, neat idea. As always the best cigar is one with good company, whether it be with family or friends. Tough to beat a late summer evening with friends and a good smoke. Cheers gentleman

To be honest, I simply don't dare get into cigars. My addiction to smoking had such a hold on me that I went through hell trying to quit. There were so many times that I quit only to eventually falter and have that "one" cigarette and it was instant addiction all over again. I'm afraid that a cigar would have the same effect. The fact is that I still get some pretty powerful urges to run out and grab a cigarette. My best bet is to stay the hell away from any tobacco products.

But I will say that back in my smoking days, I quite frequently enjoyed a cigar, and even a pipe as well as the cigarettes.

To be honest, I simply don't dare get into cigars. My addiction to smoking had such a hold on me that I went through hell trying to quit. There were so many times that I quit only to eventually falter and have that "one" cigarette and it was instant addiction all over again. I'm afraid that a cigar would have the same effect. The fact is that I still get some pretty powerful urges to run out and grab a cigarette. My best bet is to stay the hell away from any tobacco products.

But I will say that back in my smoking days, I quite frequently enjoyed a cigar, and even a pipe as well as the cigarettes.

I quit smoking cigarettes 38 years ago, and I was  3 pack a day chain smoking guy... but never really quit tobacco... so I get what you're saying... I go back and forth between cigars and smokeless tobacco, and although I have never had the urge for a cigarette again and don't inhale my cigars, I have found it hard to just say no to tobacco completely in those 38 years.

I usually chew during hunting season so I don't smell like a cigar... then switch back to cigars after the season. I have at least 1 cigar a day and usually a couple a day as the weather gets better.

You're a smart man to stay away from tobacco... but me.. I'm not so smart :)

Wow what a great cigar box... did you make it or buy it? I can tell it's not a cedar lined box so it wouldn't be good for humidifying cigars, but man it is cool looking.

Neither, I follow them as kind of a hobby. Some of these boxes sell for over a thousand dollars. A good example of what can be done with a  $5 fancy wooden cigar box, put the mind to it.

You mention having a Manhattan or two??

I took a shining to them probably 20 years ago.  They sure can be mixed different ways; different whiskey, bitters, cherries etc but last fall I was introduced to a different (new?) vermouth.

If you haven't tried it, I highly suggest you track down a bottle or two.  Really changes the game....... :)

http://www.specialitybrands.com/brands/antica-formula-vermouth

Just a splash or two and one cherry then the bourbon of choice.  Right now I'm tugging on a bottle of Makers Mark............not really NOW, but probably tonight. :)

You mention having a Manhattan or two??

I took a shining to them probably 20 years ago.  They sure can be mixed different ways; different whiskey, bitters, cherries etc but last fall I was introduced to a different (new?) vermouth.

If you haven't tried it, I highly suggest you track down a bottle or two.  Really changes the game....... :)

http://www.specialitybrands.com/brands/antica-formula-vermouth

Just a splash or two and one cherry then the bourbon of choice.  Right now I'm tugging on a bottle of Makers Mark............not really NOW, but probably tonight. :)

I will have to try it for sure... no bourbon in my Manhattan though... Crown only here. Well at least if I'm making them... if you're offering me one, bourbon will be fine..:)

• Like 1

Just curious, why do you cigar smokers take pictures of yourself smoking cigars?

Do you think nobody will believe you? :dontknow:

Seems strange to me.

I only left this cigar in my mouth because if I would have laid it down I'd have either lost it or started a Livingston County prairie fire.  (yes you are correct, that is a former Pygmy-owned gun!)

DeerSeason2011020.jpg

DeerSeason2011029.jpg

Edited by Lawdwaz