Dead Horses

hunter49

Funny how the "media" tends to quell coverage when a member of "law enforcment" might be involved in wrongdoing.

Self preservation. A few years back, Newsday ran an article that was somewhat critical of the police department. They were rewarded by having their trucks targeted for speeding tickets on the LIE. It was an interesting showdown.

Where did it say anyone in law enforcement was involved? ....Did I miss something?It was said when first report

it was said when first reported that one or both was a Livingston county cop and it was during a competition. Not sure if it was ever verified 

Edited by Paula

I heard on the radio it was a Livingston County Corrections Officer and the Bark At the Moon club was having a hunting contest that weekend.

We must have heard the same, The owner of Bark at the moon was going to call and talk but i had to turn radio off that day at work

Idiot's this is a problem all over the country.Back a few years a near by farmer had a jersey calf shot by a not local person and said person tagged with a Doe permit this person had license/drivers taken for 3 months and had to pay farmer for the loss of a cow.never heard about since then

This is the reason I don't let anyone either then family hunt on my property.

I don't want some one shooting my horse.

Most responsible hunters have ethics that include identifying prey.  Any reasonable hunter with some experience can be expected to tell the difference between a horse and any other animal.  Experienced hunters have no issue differentiating between any game they can see.  This is a rare incident with two idiots.

I would suspect the two individuals where shooting off rounds with out a care and saw something and shot it figuring they would have little or no responsibility except to remove the body.  Hard to do with a horse!  Even harder is two, surprised they did not put the other one out of its misery.

Don't let the shortcomings of a few idiots prevent you from having friends hunt the land.  Just make sure they are responsible, ethical and make them aware of your concerns. 

• Like 1