New Game in Town :-)

bkln

I was apart of one escaped buffalo hunt a number of years ago.  My BIL called me for a back up rifle (375H&H) after a buffalo jumped the fence at a farm in Niagara County.  Seems the Parks Police, Niagara County Sheriff and the New York State Police didn't (at least at the time) have a gun capable of handling the situation  if it got hairy.  You see that horny buffalo was snooping around a farm next to a State Park and there were campers around. 

After a quick trip up and some planning I had my BIL dial up the NYSP chopper, a proper tranquilizer and a tranquilizer gun from the Buffalo NY Zoo to deliver the message to the big beast.

The chopper directed the buffalo closer to a paved road and then they stuck a dart in his ass. :)  We had the buffalo owner come by with a horse trailer and we pushed and pulled the big SOB in for a ride back to captivity.

At one point the pilot of the chopper said he thought the buffalo was coming my way (as communicated to me by the Parks Police officers cowering behind with their hand held radios  :rolleyes: )  I thought  to myself, damn this could get sporty!  Fortunately the buffalo and everyone else went home in one piece.  

One other thing; it had to be an expensive day for the agencies involved with overtime pay, fuel and airtime for the chopper.  Everybody made money but little old ME.   :angry:   It was fun though! 

I'm waiting for my phone to ring now...........I have a proven plan we can use.  :)

• Like 1

They say all the meat is lost??? I would have been more than happy to take one! Not too far from here. I'm sure a food pantry or a family struggling to get by could have used a bounty like that. Just hate to see them go to waste even if they are insured or not.

• Like 2