Absolute GIANT NY buck?

WNY Bowhunter

I wish guys would stop equating AR with just the topic of monster bucks all the time... AR is strictly designed to help balance out the age structure, the fact that it allows for bigger bucks is the natural bi-product. maybe the reason we have so many big bucks being taken is because many hunters are deciding on their own to use some restraint when it comes to killing small bucks. OMG I can't believe I got pulled in to an AR discussion again! I try to get out, but they keep pulling me back in!! ???

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know- I do believe that it grosses over 200, but probably including the 3 non-typ points. 13 point typical frame though. It is a legit NY buck for sure. These pics have been passed along through the dairy farmer grapevine. The deer was shot on ******** farm.

No offense Sam but you are not doing the farmer any favors by posting the location where that buck was shot if its legit.

I don't know- I do believe that it grosses over 200, but probably including the 3 non-typ points. 13 point typical frame though. It is a legit NY buck for sure. These pics have been passed along through the dairy farmer grapevine. The deer was shot on ******** farm.

No offense Sam but you are not doing the farmer any favors by posting the location where that buck was shot if its legit.

Good point, name of landowner removed.

No - it was a request to hear more about it.

Why, are you hearing something to suggest there might be questions?

Guys shoot a doe, post pics and 3 paragraphs about the hunt.

200 class buck and nothing but a handful of pics in a truck and a field.

People like to hear harvest stories - this might be a good one.

Yeah some of the guys get really secretive when they kill a monster... they get that celebrity feeling and hold out on the story til they can get a magazine to pay them for it... or to become a pro-staffer for the scent company who's scent they had out. I actually called about this buck and got the "he's taking a low profile and wants to keeps things quiet for a bit, I'll have him call you if he's interested in giving a story." Oh well , still a great buck.

• 4 weeks later...