What a freaking shame..

First-light

It's bad enough shopping takes an hour and a 1/2 for two people because I have to read where everything is from as far as other countries...WTH I now have to research what is grown and possible irrigated and shipped out of that area of our country..they should throw all those involved right in jail and seize their assets to cover a minute portion of the costs involved.

Edited by growalot

That is a mess, and I am sure its one many people will pay a price for down the road.

Can you imagine, even hunters eating the meat of elk and other game in the area because of nutrient uptake in plants? Sheesh. The possibilities for impact seem limitless.

The US government is responsible, but will never be held accountable to any real extent. The only ones capable of pursuing prosecution against the federal government in a case such as this are employees of the federal government. They won't go there because it's not something they really care about, and it's not in their best interest.

What we think is not an issue, it no longer matters to them.

They'll throw some money at it, and consider it settled.

• Like 1

Why would this keep you from hunting in Colorado? 

Because these are some seriously bad chemicals and metals to have in that river:

lead, arsenic, beryllium, cadmium and mercury

This is a shame. I feel bad for the people and wildlife in that area.

• Like 1

Geologist predicted EPA would intentionally pollute Animas River to secure federal funding

A July 30 letter to the editor of a local newspaper from a retired geologist appears to have predicted the Environmental Protection Agency's disastrous chemical spill into a major Colorado River tributary that happened just days later.

As noted in earlier reports, tons of toxic water tainted with lead, arsenic and heavy metals poured into the Animas River when a contractor working for the EPA inadvertently breached a dam at the Gold King Mine.

Following the breach, the contaminated water spread downstream into New Mexico, Arizona and Utah, and is approaching Southern California. Initially, the EPA said only about 1 million gallons of contaminated water – which turned the river yellow-orange – flowed into the river, but later the agency was forced to admit that the amount was closer to 3 million gallons.

In any event, days before the incident, retired geologist Dave Taylor wrote to the editors of theSilverton Standard & the Miner newspaper that he believed there would be an intentional breach with ulterior motives behind it.

http://www.naturalnews.com/050772_EPA_pollution_Animas_River_federal_funding.html

WoW And I wondered why the Government was doing all those drills in this area.  Maybe they expected more civil unrest when people found out the EPA did this on purpose.  No big deal, river is back to normal levels according to them.  Yea right!  Crazy!  But they expect people to believe this.  Well now they get to put in the treatment plant and keep all the EPA workers working.   Unreal!!!

Don't worry about this we need to stop hunting in Africa, that is much more important then the health of the south western states land, water, people and animals.   Crazy!!! 

• Like 1

Of course this is a very misleading article, which one would expect from the sites Papist visits.  If you read the actual letter to the editor, nowhere does the geologist state the EPA was going to intentionally breach the mine and cause this sort of disaster.  Does anyone think that would be true?  They look like total a-holes.  He was pointing out the plugging plan was a short term fix and the pollution would eventually find it's way back into the river.  However, it was already leaking into the river which is why they plugged it in the first place.  The guy seemed to know what he was talking about, it's to bad he didn't offer up his ideas for a solution.  He was just concerned about the tax payers having to pay to build a treatment plant.  How should the EPA clean up all the abandon mines without spending any money?   

Geologist predicted EPA would intentionally pollute Animas River to secure federal funding

http://www.naturalnews.com/050772_EPA_pollution_Animas_River_federal_funding.html

Of course this is a very misleading article, which one would expect from the sites Papist visits.  If you read the actual letter to the editor, nowhere does the geologist state the EPA was going to intentionally breach the mine and cause this sort of disaster.  Does anyone think that would be true?  They look like total a-holes.  He was pointing out the plugging plan was a short term fix and the pollution would eventually find it's way back into the river.  However, it was already leaking into the river which is why they plugged it in the first place.  The guy seemed to know what he was talking about, it's to bad he didn't offer up his ideas for a solution.  He was just concerned about the tax payers having to pay to build a treatment plant.  How should the EPA clean up all the abandon mines without spending any money?   

this site is a HOOT!

http://www.naturalnews.com/050757_vaccine_billboard_Jim_OKelly_vaccination_truth.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/050743_Smart_Meters_explosions_house_fires.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/050774_government_agencies_false_flags_Battlefield_America.html

i think i'm on a watch list now just for visiting

Please feel free to highlight the section you are referring to.  What I read is him saying the "grand experiment" involves plugging the mine to stop the 500 gpm from flowing out, this will be seen as a success in the short term "hallelujah", but the 500 gpm will continue to build in the mine and fill up interconnecting mines.  Eventually (within 7 to 120 days) the pollution will find another way out.  At this point the EPA will say the plan failed and propose building a water treatment plant.  

If you read this as the EPA will intentionally dump 3 million gallons of this crap into the river, just to show the public that it needs money to build a water treatment plant, I'd be interested to see what section you are talking about.  This guy is pointing out that the EPA plan is basically stupid because it's a short term fix.  He seems to imply it's a conspiracy that they are intentionally implementing a stupid plan to get the treatment plant.  Maybe that's true, but I'd like to hear how he would propose to clean it up.  It's estimated there are 500,000 abandoned mines in the west that are similar to this one.  What is proposed for those?  The EPA didn't make this mess in these mines, but if they are tasked with cleaning it up they will need taxpayer money to do it.  Even if that means hiring clean-up contractors that won't make stupid mistakes like this one.