Old School ADK pic

33Canuck

I'm sure that there was not a moose season in NY in the 50s.... Probably never... I suspect that moose were pretty much eradicated in NY before hunting seasons were even established, probably before 1900...

Very cool picture, but I suspect that the moose was shot in Canada, or perhaps one of the New England states, if they even had moose seasons in the 50s...

The vehicles in the background appear to be late 40s or early 50s.. I took my road test for my NYS driver's license in a 1953 Ford pickup...

The deer appear to be typical Adirondack bucks.. Nice ones, indeed, but remember that they are being displayed in a big buck contest..

Very cool pic! Can anyone blow up and read tags?

Nice deer for sure, I do not think one of them beats 130 B&C though. At least four of them do look to be 200 plus pounds for sure and that is what counts in the big woods.

I was never aware of a moose season in NY. I would have to guess someone hit Canada

I did fletch, they all say Bubba on them! Great picture!

Some info on it!

NOTE: In the Adirondack Chronology there is a mention of a moose being shot at Saranac Lake in 1965 and entered in the Trudeau Big Buck Contest. The writers were taken in by a prank in the Adirondack Daily Enterprise perpetuated by Bill McLaughlin. Below is a link to that photo of Bob Liddy with a moose he shot in Canada!

I actually turned 52 last month. As old as my tongue and a bit older than my teeth.  And I remember when the st lawrence was just a little creek off lake ontario.  Now from my ffice I overlook it every day.  In good weather I fish on my lunch break.