LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Lets look already!!! While I open a cold one!!!

It's not from this year, no point. It's "Live From The Woods 2015, not 2013 or w/e.

Anyway.................

Yesterday and today I only saw does. I have found a few new scrapes but I am just not seeing bucks in my spot in the NZ.

Well so I just got home after 5 hrs searching and no luck....called deer search hopefully hear back from them....going back in am....this is a dead deer for sure I hit it a Lil high but not a bad hit should be double lung blood looked good plenty of it....anyway I'll put the story here....

So I drove to a spot I haven't hunted in 3 weeks as I was trying to keep pressure off as I'm going there sat for gun season...anyway 15 foot in woods I get on some fresh scrapes and they are about literally 15 feet all the way to my stand...so I climb up at 12 or shortly after and proceed to put my mask on and post on here (lol). So I put my phone away and pul my bleat out as I always do to try to mask some of the crunch walking in and it it 2 times....put it in my pocket and look up at a 4 or 6 point walking right to me...I have been in the stand maybe 10 min....so he stops broadside 28 yards as I'm sure he smelled my doe pee out or maybe me.. I pulled up on him and waited to see if he was gonna work toward me or not...he stared to make me think he was gonna work away so I waited for him to clear 1 more tree and put dot in the sweet spot and touch it off...thwack and he turns and walks and I mean walks away thought for sure he was gonna tip over but he didn't and I could see my fletching sticking out about 10_15 inches below spine with at least 15 in penetration so I watched till I couldn't see him anymore...so I waited 45 min or so to get down and walk to my truck to get swamp boots from my uncle and came back out...now 130 I (color blind and all) ]pick up real good blood and follow till I lose it and called a buddy who then came down to help (230) so we tracked and tracked and then found my arrow covered in blood with lots of blood around all over everything thanks when things got wierd...we lose everything like he flew away or something so made circles until dark and back in the am...

All I know is I am disgusted at myself as this is the 2nd buck I couldn't find other 1 was killed by neighbor 3 days later all good but this one is a dead deer....I will be at it at 7am searching till I find this deer...either way my bow season is over as apparently luck isn't on my side this season hope it doesn't head over to gun season...not happy with myself as hunter or as i consider myself a pretty good shot...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Stoneam2006 I commend u for the hrs u looked for that deer! I've been there myself a few times! And all this crap that's getting posted about the poor bastard who everybody is jumping on is making a mess or this thread. So I just wanted to say I think it's great u gave it an honest effort find him or not! Hope u do find him. Good luck!

• Like 1

Well so I just got home after 5 hrs searching and no luck....called deer search hopefully hear back from them....going back in am....this is a dead deer for sure I hit it a Lil high but not a bad hit should be double lung blood looked good plenty of it....anyway I'll put the story here....

So I drove to a spot I haven't hunted in 3 weeks as I was trying to keep pressure off as I'm going there sat for gun season...anyway 15 foot in woods I get on some fresh scrapes and they are about literally 15 feet all the way to my stand...so I climb up at 12 or shortly after and proceed to put my mask on and post on here (lol). So I put my phone away and pul my bleat out as I always do to try to mask some of the crunch walking in and it it 2 times....put it in my pocket and look up at a 4 or 6 point walking right to me...I have been in the stand maybe 10 min....so he stops broadside 28 yards as I'm sure he smelled my doe pee out or maybe me.. I pulled up on him and waited to see if he was gonna work toward me or not...he stared to make me think he was gonna work away so I waited for him to clear 1 more tree and put dot in the sweet spot and touch it off...thwack and he turns and walks and I mean walks away thought for sure he was gonna tip over but he didn't and I could see my fletching sticking out about 10_15 inches below spine with at least 15 in penetration so I watched till I couldn't see him anymore...so I waited 45 min or so to get down and walk to my truck to get swamp boots from my uncle and came back out...now 130 I (color blind and all) ]pick up real good blood and follow till I lose it and called a buddy who then came down to help (230) so we tracked and tracked and then found my arrow covered in blood with lots of blood around all over everything thanks when things got wierd...we lose everything like he flew away or something so made circles until dark and back in the am...

All I know is I am disgusted at myself as this is the 2nd buck I couldn't find other 1 was killed by neighbor 3 days later all good but this one is a dead deer....I will be at it at 7am searching till I find this deer...either way my bow season is over as apparently luck isn't on my side this season hope it doesn't head over to gun season...not happy with myself as hunter or as i consider myself a pretty good shot...

Cut yourself a little slack Buddy. I've read a lot of your posts, & you seem like you're pretty squared away. You're doing the best you can to recover him. Everyone has a day (or season) where nothing goes right. Chin up!

• Like 2

Stoneam2006 I commend u for the hrs u looked for that deer! I've been there myself a few times! And all this crap that's getting posted about the poor bastard who everybody is jumping on is making a mess or this thread. So I just wanted to say I think it's great u gave it an honest effort find him or not! Hope u do find him. Good luck!

Yea I'm not impressed or happy about it...shot was solid just terrain is killing me literally hands and knees....thanks for support....and hopefully the deer search is able to help haven't called yet and I will be out first light if they call it will wait for sure...although I have been up down left right back forth over under and on top of everything....hope for a dead deer tomorrow...if recovered will be first buck with archery equipment and first kill with the xbow......

Paula seems to be the only one man enough to apologize for being in the wrong here. Props to her, but sad for others.

Maybe some of their posts will disappear, I've noticed it's happened before. Seemingly after you'd think the option to edit had expired.

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 2

Hopefully you can find your deer. I lost a small buck last year after shooting it with my bow. Found the skull and bones this year and it was literally 30 feet from the last point of blood I could find.

At the last point of blood you find get a freind or 2 if possible and walk a grid pattern about 50 yards each way. If you found a lot of blood for a good distance chances are the deer is dead.

Good luck to you. I saw a thread on here of another guy that has a dog an is willing to help with lost deer. Search for it.

• Like 1

Paula seems to be the only one man enough to apologize for being in the wrong here. Props to her, but sad for others.

Maybe some of their posts will disappear, I've noticed it's happened before. Seemingly after you'd think the option to edit had expired.

I apologized in her " apology thread " to him. I " assumed " after his first debacle and you know what happens when you assume ?! Bad on me
  • Like 1

So tired of poachers and trespassers ...seen 3 differant atvs today on private property they all had scoped rifles and its bow seaseon called dec took them 2 hours to arrive ...wmu 4 private land.. why dont they open gun seaseon here the same time it opens up north this wouldnt be goin on

Just Venting

Edited by H4W