LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

So I just got back from Hunting camp up in the Adirondacks. Reports of deer walking around Old Forge with arrows in them. Locals apparently shoot their deer in the back yard. Couple of people at the bar discussing how large Bucks are mooching around yards looking for food. They are fearless and therefore easily taken.Probably brought around by Moma as fawns. We had a giant doe staring us down in the front of camp as she looked for apples. Probably why we rarely see anything in the BigWoods

I usually visit Old Forge at least once a year. There are always deer around town. Before the feeding laws everyone used to feed the deer there. But now I would say a lot more feeding is being done by the tourists than the locals.

I am sure there as well as just about everywhere a few bend any laws they want though and give us hunters a black eye.

I would imagine hunting right outside of that area would be weird. I would look to be farther away for a true big woods hunt.

So I just got back from Hunting camp up in the Adirondacks. Reports of deer walking around Old Forge with arrows in them. Locals apparently shoot their deer in the back yard. Couple of people at the bar discussing how large Bucks are mooching around yards looking for food. They are fearless and therefore easily taken.Probably brought around by Moma as fawns. We had a giant doe staring us down in the front of camp as she looked for apples. Probably why we rarely see anything in the BigWoods

I've seen bucks in the bed of a pickup truck eating corn in OF. I think they culled them big time though, we used to see literally hundreds between there and Inlet and now it's only a few

Lol..monkeyman.......

I guess it's been posted on Facebook...but I do not do Face book so can't get a pic or link posted...He and his buddy have been watching this buck a couple of years though.....Any ways if you guys can find it with that info there it is...Trying to get a pic sent to me...

I WILL APPOLOGIZE FOR READING THE REGULATIONS IN THE LINK I POSTED APPARENTLY WRONG ...I AM SORRY. That said...I will not APPOLOGIZE FOR stating my opinion of him, as to the attitude he has and the general impression he gives of hunters views of breaking game laws...

BTW...SKILLET...Not seeing a post on your time schedule doesn't make anything "sad" for others...just means we have other things to do.

Took you less than 1hr to go on the offensive, but more than 7 to own up to your mistake? Makes sense. Guess you had to call the cops on your neighbors or something, right?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• Like 1