LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

winds are swirling like crazy here in 3s got some fresh estrous from a local farm lets hope the wide 8 slips up today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. Where is there a local deer farm? I grew up in westchester and would love to know ?
  • Like 2

. Where is there a local deer farm? I grew up in westchester and would love to know ?

I say local cuz it's near red hook less than an hour away a buddy of mine has family up there he gets it for me, I can find out the name if you'd like.

• Like 1

I'm surrounded by guys here on state land. One drove a freaking quad right under me at 7:10. I moved and there's another quad 100 yards away in the other direction, I never heard it. So I moved way down the hill I don't even know where I am. May even be off the state land. Couldn't be sweater or more aggravated. Rant over good luck everyone

I say local cuz it's near red hook less than an hour away a buddy of mine has family up there he gets it for me, I can find out the name if you'd like.

. Sure that would be great, I wonder if it's highland venison farm cause I asked them last year and they said no

HAhahahaha...Well I made up mine at 4am when the alarm went off...I'm sitting here seeing the frost lay heavy over everything drinking a hot cup of coffee ;)

I have yet to recover from yesterdays cold sits..BTW didn't even see a squirrel yesterday afternoon and the wind was pretty calm...I have what I term as "owl neck"...it woke me about 2:30 screaming at me.

Besides spooking the deer walking in isn't benefiting...so mid morning afternoon hunts until I do my last trial clearing in the this coming warm spell. All trails got dumped on with fallen branches and small trees in these latest winds...I think Ma nature did a thorough tree cleaning this week.

Edited by growalot

Should have been a perfect morning, but nothing is moving. I seldom see activity during bright moons like we had last night. Gotta try though...

Had a doe and two fawns come by hauling ass, from the neighboring apple orchard. Nothing trailing them though. Assuming workers kicked them over or maybe the neighbor checking traps. As long as they come by, I don't care how they get here!! LOL

I thought this was going to be a perfect morning. Haven't seen a thing. Did my first drag of the year on the way in too. To top it off my right thermocell isn't working and that foot is freezing. Brought stuff to make a mock scrap and my dripper for when I am done with this sit.