LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

i don't think I missed but not positive. I was only staying out here originally until 8:30 am. At that point I will climb down. If I find my arrow I am going to only from now on shoot at deer within 3 yards or less. If I do not find my arrow I will email my boss and say I am not coming in until I find this deer (he hunts as well so will be fine with that). If the shot is bad I know I need to wait several hours before tracking and will consider going into work and cutting out early.

All know for sure is that finally I nailed the correct height on a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. I got some flack for the weekend I had but Jesus, you think you way have it a doe not sure, stayed in your stand which is the right thing to do. Give it some time. But then you drew on a buck. Seriously guy. Worry about the one you might have hit first. I spent almost 2 full days looking for the doe that I killed this weekend.... Never found her but I looked and didn't draw on another deer or even hunt until I was sure I wasent going to find her
  • Like 2

. I got some flack for the weekend I had but Jesus, you think you way have it a doe not sure, stayed in your stand which is the right thing to do. Give it some time. But then you drew on a buck. Seriously guy. Worry about the one you might have hit first. I spent almost 2 full days looking for the doe that I killed this weekend.... Never found her but I looked and didn't draw on another deer or even hunt until I was sure I wasent going to find her

I was one of the ones giving you flack and I agree with you 100%. The only thing worse than tracking a poorly hit deer is having two poorly hit deer to track!
  • Like 1

You are probably right. :(

WOW,,,,,Is all i can say on some of these posts on here. Shooting deer in the ass...I Think??? Shooting another one because i did not see an arrow sticking out of this one. Good thing i am not a Mod on here. Man shit happens but lets get real with some of these things!!!

obviously I was not aiming for the deer's ass. I appear to be a poor shot in the woods but it isn't for lack of practice or accuracy on the range which is the best I can do without having live deer to target. In any case I am now on a blood trail and thankfully it is not raining.

My new spot, got the stand up at 6:46. While climbing a deer walked into the area then back out. 10 min later I loosed an arrow at a doe. Height was dead on money. However it moved as I shot I THINK (it is hard to tell) and it looked like I got it in the rear. But I am only 95% sure I even hit it. It ran off but not terribly quickly. 2 min after that from same direction comes in another doe eating but just out of range. Same one? Dunno, I don't see my arrow on the ground but the leaves cover everything. Two mornings in a row proves this spot rocks. I will report back on the deer when I get down. Only staying till 8:30.

Yea you definitely need to practice for a day or so and get your shot dialed in before attempting again ...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

obviously I was not aiming for the deer's ass. I appear to be a poor shot in the woods but it isn't for lack of practice or accuracy on the range which is the best I can do without having live deer to target. In any case I am now on a blood trail and thankfully it is not raining.

If you think you hit in the guts or ass DO NOT TRACK IT! give it at least 4 hrs. Trust me you cannot jump a dead deer but a mortally wounded deer will cover a lot of ground if pushed!

• Like 3

post-6443-14464735668976_thumb.jpgafAfter that bit of fat I saw some smattering of blood and 20 yards later my arrow--unopened (?). However blood picked up. This pic here shows bubbles which means lung, so maybe I hit lung afterall? Basically I have walked another 100 yards and blood spatter every several inches. Could this amount of blood --constant good trail--possibly happen if it was not a vital area? He red is showing up cleanly against the leaves. I am. It having to circle at all, it is an easy thing to follow.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446473534.731544.jpgafAfter that bit of fat I saw some smattering of blood and 20 yards later my arrow--unopened (?). However blood picked up. This pic here shows bubbles which means lung, so maybe I hit lung afterall? Basically I have walked another 100 yards and blood spatter every several inches. Could this amount of blood --constant good trail--possibly happen if it was not a vital area? He red is showing up cleanly against the leaves. I am. It having to circle at all, it is an easy thing to follow.

Yes a large muscle hit will bleed more than most othe hits. Don't know what broadheads you are using but most mechanicals will close on there way out.

WOW,,,,,Is all i can say on some of these posts on here. Shooting deer in the ass...I Think???  Shooting another one because i did not see an arrow sticking out of this one. Good thing i am not a Mod on here. Man shit happens but lets get real with some of these things!!!

what would or could you do if you were  a mod?

• Like 1