LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

So went to blind...fawns in front field and not one single deer...pull cam card no deer since the 6th ...and 2 small ..6 and 4 and that big 8t from the 4th...tons of doe...I have no idea where they have all gone but I am feeling uneasy about it...I have 2 turnip plots barely touched...they are eating something some where during the day....they all look bloated on the cams.

• Like 1

So went to blind...fawns in front field and not one single deer...pull cam card no deer since the 6th ...and 2 small ..6 and 4 and that big 8t from the 4th...tons of doe...I have no idea where they have all gone but I am feeling uneasy about it...I have 2 turnip plots barely touched...they are eating something some where during the day....they all look bloated on the cams.

. Corn and molasses at the lease next to you

Holy crap I wish I didn't have to hunt public land.

Hunted stateland today and as not nearly as impressive still deer both sits missed low this am...scouting is your friend on Stateland go squirrel hunting in Sept will tell you alot....or muzzle loader in the snow will also help

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hunted public land today. Already took a buck earlier so I am in the middle of the rut hunting doe. Go figure. Great day in the woods. Walk in at dark, kick a deer out. Not sure what it was, sounded heavy. 8am, 6 point comes walking into scent drag, turns and I grunt him back (trying for pics), winds me and takes off. 11am big bodied 4 comes in on the same line as I am unknocking my arrow. Again, try to get pic, but he catches me moving and jogs off to about 40 yards where he proceeds to snort wheeze as loud as possible. Get down at noon, go to the car and eat some lunch. Head back in further at 2pm. 4pm comes and I catch movement behind me. Low and behold here comes the biggest buck I have ever laid my eyes on!! Comes in 10 minutes after I squirted some Tinks 69 from the can about 20 feet in my stand downwind. Works his way to about 40 yards. Have my bow in my hand because for awhile I was not sure the sex. Knowing I could not shoot him, I am still shaking uncontrollably. Go for my phone for pics and video, but he is a wise old man and meanders away slowly. Never got a pic :( He was a 10 point with about 12 inch G2'S. Perfect symmetrical rack. Deer of a lifetime. I think I peed a little when I really got a good look at him. On way out right before dark, I kick out a huge doe and she comes running straight at me. Full sprint till about 10 yards. She sees me and stops on a dime and turns back and hauls ass the exact way she came! I thought she was going to plow me over! Morel of story, when your buck tag is filled and you are looking for doe, you will see lotsa buck and a trophy lifetime buck and no shots on doe. All in all, I believe based what I witnessed the rut is kicking off and hunters need to be in the woods all day long. Best hunt I ever had without shooting a deer. Met some hunters (Phil and Jason) today and they seemed like stand up guys. If you are members on this site, you will know this is Marty posting.

Good luck to all. Welcome to the rut!!

• Like 2

Probably eating this damn over abundance of acorns. This is horrible! I want deer to come near my setups during light not at 11pm. Needless to say I hope the deer get the memo that the rut is on tomorrow morning. I haven't shot anything since the 4th of October

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

For all kills I missed Congrats...I have to wait until Monday for the winds to go to a honey hole...but today...Well they were where I went literally so I know from the sound of retreat and later just movement where they were headed...going to try and beat them there today and maybe catch them feeding mid woods until light...perhaps catch a mid morning cruiser...have winter coat and fingerless mittens and toe warmers out this morning need to remember seat pad...cold tush yesterday besides getting soaked...BTW 0% we'll see....Good Luck

• Like 1

Posted Yesterday, 06:29 PM

growalot, on 07 Nov 2015 - 6:05 PM, said:snapback.png

. Corn and molasses at the lease next to you

To be honest....been watching movements....thinking new guy...Though we know one lease guy has a feeder.... his wife just loves to talk( how everyone knew about the 2nd set of books she went in and did every Wednesday :rolleyes:)  ...he took a big buck off it last year... :nono:

It's not always that nice. If gone days with our seeing a thing in these same woods. Was a good day today for sure, 21 deer seen and one with a tag in it!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

The thing is for me I'm a 40 min drive from the land, then a 15 min walk, then a 10 minute setup with the stand! I am going to knock on doors next year, I need something closer. If I could get a 10 min drive even without changing the rest that would make a huge difference.

Anyway, back out today. Will be in the stand some sunrise.

Ugghh... Headed out again , gettin a little burned out , but a high pressure cold blue bird day on Nov 8th, u'd have to chain me to the bed cause I'm goin deer Huntin !!!! Kill them little bastards tday! Good luck all ...
I am getting there, too. Been out so much kinda hoping for end of season. But, with yesterday's rain going through the night i'm hoping the deer chilled out and will be out better today.

Good luck!

The thing is for me I'm a 40 min drive from the land, then a 15 min walk, then a 10 minute setup with the stand! I am going to knock on doors next year, I need something closer. If I could get a 10 min drive even without changing the rest that would make a huge difference.

Anyway, back out today. Will be in the stand some sunrise.I am getting there, too. Been out so much kinda hoping for end of season. But, with yesterday's rain going through the night i'm hoping the deer chilled out and will be out better today.

Good luck!

Brother I've got an hour and 40 minutes, you're a lucky man! Are you seeing lots of hunters on the state land? I usually find I have it to myself during archery but this year it's been a circus. Some new guys leased just below it but hunt the public and they ride quads right to the edge

Core, i feel for you and used to travel. On my own spot in 7p. Going out again. Not much on cams but have to get out. 37 degrees and clear skies. Barometer over 30. Sounds good to me. Good luck all

Hell I travel anywhere from 45 min to 1hr + depending which of the four prices of state land I'm hunting that day .... Sometimes twice a day cause I live alone and have to let the dog out .... Gotta do what you gotta do !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk