LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Brother I've got an hour and 40 minutes, you're a lucky man! Are you seeing lots of hunters on the state land? I usually find I have it to myself during archery but this year it's been a circus. Some new guys leased just below it but hunt the public and they ride quads right to the edge

There are two sections of state I have tried. One I did three times and only heard a guy on a call first weekend of bow. Thing is it is 55 min away. Lately I am going somewhere just under 40. It averages 0-3 cars most of the time although the spot I have been going to now all the cars are too far away to encroach. In the forest today I see some fresh markers but for some reason people are skipping this section and I don't know why. Lots of tracks and have seen deer 2/3 of my trips.

Anyway I checked a cam this morning and a buck went under where I was yesterday at 4:45 pm then another last night at 11:30 pm. But I changed spots anyway a tiny bit deeper. I am off the corner of a food source with a gulley to one side and thick cover to another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Core
  • Like 1

Still nothing in 7p. But this is grear weather. Been fooled by the "i hear deer foot steps, dam only a squirrel" for the last time. Next year im gonna sit in my stands end of september and thin out these red squirrels with the ole marlin .22

• Like 1

And it was a buck. Called it in with two grunts. It came right too me. While it was behind a tree I stood and drew. 20 yard shot at vitals quartering away. It did not flinch. Height was perfect. I may have been a few inches back but the quartering should have helped. It booted straight for the woods and stopped 50 yards in. I really think it was a good shot this time.

• Like 3

And it was a buck. Called it in with two grunts. It came right too me. While it was behind a tree I stood and drew. 20 yard shot at vitals quartering away. It did not flinch. Height was perfect. I may have been a few inches back but the quartering should have helped. It booted straight for the woods and stopped 50 yards in. I really think it was a good shot this time.

• Like 1

We're prayin for ya ...

We're prayin for ya ...

If I didn't f this up I am done for the year. Won't even go out for gun. If i did f it up I am done for the year. About to climb down. A large doe walked by 80 yards out again same spot.

If I didn't f this up I am done for the year. Won't even go out for gun. If i did f it up I am done for the year. About to climb down. A large doe walked by 80 yards out again same spot.

good luck and keep us posted! And for Gods sake don't skip the gun opener. If your height is perfect the arrow will tell you if you were too far back, it will be nasty and stink. If it is bright red you're in good shape! Id still wait unless you heard him crash because it could be liver Edited by The_Real_TCIII
  • Like 1

good luck and keep us posted! And for Gods sake don't skip the gun opener. If your height is perfect the arrow will tell you if you were too far back, it will be nasty and stink. If it is bright red you're in good shape! Id still wait unless you heard him crash because it could be liver

I actually made a quick prayer earlier in the day if get a deer today I will be done. :)

Just got done. Arrow did not pass through but embedded as he ran.

Good blood trail--red. Lots of it but he went into the worst thorns in the state so I am going back to the car for the machete as I literally cannot get through this stuff.