LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Last nights young doe nixed todays hidey hole hunt...but no complaints...I can relax knowing we have some fresh venison in the freezer...and I havn't lost my touch/luck...shoulders a tad sore today anyways...So many good plans worked but didn't pan out until last night...and a fight almost messed that up too...I knew all the deer where held up in that neighbors land..this confirmed it...also found a bedding /rub area right behind the stand on the other neighbor...I'm so glad I stopped her and got retrieval permission again this summer...Good luck guys

Edited by growalot
  • Like 5

24° in macedon when I left now the 40 minute ride ... so what do I guys do about the leaves and all the noise they make walking in ... I get blown by deer upwind there so loud

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm going down to my spot today ( took a decent buck Sat.) and use my leaf blower to clear 4-5 foot wide path to my one stand that is a 225 walk through the woods ( top stand too). All my other stands are 30 yards or less into,the woods but mostly thickets where it's not much of an issue .

I'm going down to my spot today ( took a decent buck Sat.) and use my leaf blower to clear 4-5 foot wide path to my one stand that is a 225 walk through the woods ( top stand too). All my other stands are 30 yards or less into,the woods but mostly thickets where it's not much of an issue .

I got in without getting blown today then the young buck helped chase a doe to me :-)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Back from Camp. Had a good time hiking the Big Woods. I wasn't really hunting hard as I am saving my tag for BigBoy whom I got an camera day after my Archery 10 point. A new monster rub and scrape were made while out of town and deer have been hitting a mock scrape I made a week or so ago. Taking it easy otherwise, while waiting for gun to open. Back to Camp again next weekend.

• Like 1

Didn't have signal from the cabin yesterday, so here's my update. Went out and hunted while sick, got a Charlie horse shifting in my seat to get a draw on a deer. Shot that deer in spite of all that was against me. What I thought was a respectable 4 point turned out to be a wee 8 point. My first ever archery deer and I'm quite proud. 12 yards from a ground blind 42lb Elite Hunter. Full account coming soon to the harvest thread. Back to work, not reality, today.

• Like 4

Wife missed about 4pt broadside. She is usually an excellent shot but this time buck fever got her. I saw lots of squirrels. One climbed up my tree behind me and was frigging around above me. Dropped stuff on my head, my Xbow, and made a racket. I was going to launch an arrow at it but it ran away. So much for my morning.

Wow no wind...got the deer quarterd and in the frig.........boys have the rib cage and Angel is enjoying the end of leg meat....What a beautiful day....I really want to hunt...but I have a feeling about that swamp stand...I think it really has to be a morning hunt from movement...Where I was last night is Awsome I should have replaced that ladder a month ago...but I want that to settle down as well.....I think I'll appease Mr B with a great fresh backstrap in butter and garlic mashed tater brussel sprout dinner and cookies for dessert dinner...then if I manage another deer tomorrow it wont tweak him...I honestly don't know why ...I'm the one that takes care of them...lol..........Just checked no rain in the morning and low winds SE...good for the stand

Edited by growalot

Ghost town here in 3n. Time to meet friend and hopefully recover yesterday buck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What part of 3N? I was in carmel yesterday and Saturday and saw nothing. My dad saw a 4pt yesterday, and the neighbor who hunts a few hundred yards away saw 4 does and 3 bucks yesterday but no chasing. Luck of the draw I guess. wish I saw that action.

Wow no wind...got the deer quarterd and in the frig.........boys have the rib cage and Angel is enjoying the end of leg meat....What a beautiful day....I really want to hunt...but I have a feeling about that swamp stand...I think it really has to be a morning hunt from movement...Where I was last night is Awsome I should have replaced that ladder a month ago...but I want that to settle down as well.....I think I'll appease Mr B with a great fresh backstrap in butter and garlic mashed tater brussel sprout dinner and cookies for dessert dinner...then if I manage another deer tomorrow it wont tweak him...I honestly don't know why ...I'm the one that takes care of them...lol..........Just checked no rain in the morning and low winds SE...good for the stand

Funny to hear you talk like your the guy n Mr B is the wife lol.... No offense .... Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

7F totally dead this morning..Im surprised. Cold, a little frost and little wind. Sat till 11 and nothing at all showed up. My buddy texted me from the stand in 9x at about 930. He had 3 different bucks chasing does today. Oh well

Funny to hear you talk like your the guy n Mr B is the wife lol.... No offense .... Haha

Oh he's all guy...but he really has a thing about bow hunting...just not a fan at all...Never can give a reason just doesn't like it...but he has looked over my shoulder reading some of the " I lost threads" and I lost that big buck a few years back, even with deer search...though we now know where he is... :rolleyes::angry: ...he is the fisherman in the family

• Like 1