LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

there on the move here in 3s just had a small 6 come in directly behind me at 50 yards nose to the ground and no interest in a bleat or grunt nice to see my first deer in 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Couldn't get out this morning because the old lady broke her foot yesterday and I have to stay in and help her with the chipmunks. But, went to to Wal-Mart real quick to get some ammo for next weekend. Saw a small eight and a crotchorn, cross the road in two separate and different places. Also saw two does along the road. Went to the range real quick just to make sure the rifle is still on. 4 shots in the X ring. I'm good for next weekend.

Buck ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yea hood blood but thick swampy and thick....got a non color blind buddy on way now....not a good shot but not the worst either directly in center about 8 to 10 in down from spine....arrow in at least 15 inches please deer gods be on my side

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Wife gave me the nod. Should be in my tree by 3. Only one tag left and I'm saving it for the weekend opener of rifle season. So, basically just going to watch what's doin'. Unless I see a real good buck, in which case it'll be no gun season for me.

I don't quite understand, you kill a buck already?
  • Like 1

Gonna try a little rattlin' too.

Me too. I just finished a round.. I have seen a disproportionate amount of bucks to does in the last week. 5-1 buck-doe ..

I watched a nice buck chase a doe into some honeysuckle this morning. I have been setting here ever since and have yet to see him come out...sneaky buggers.

...and now Hoppes #9 ,oil, bore brushes etc....check ?

Everything is cleaned up and oiled except the rifle. Ran a bore snake through but will stay dirty til the end of the season unless I get bored.

Actually, I might do it the Fletch way and partake in a few beers and give her the attention she needs later tonight. Thanks for the idea.