LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Good luck everyone :)

I've been down and out for a few weeks since bow season "ended". However, a friend is somewhat interested in hunting so I said I'd take him out one morning, and that will be this coming Saturday. I have given him fair warning our odds of getting a deer are not fantastic, as I have no idea what the deer have done (if anything, really) since regular season started, and it is on public land.

One snuck in behind me this morning and right past never stopped walking. Guessing a buck on a mission. Then I grunted in a big slab sided doe.

Afternoon; Hurry to get to favorite stand to make repairs so I can hunt it in the morning, and what's bedded at top of the hill 75 yards away? Nice big mature buck jumps up, takes a few bounds, then trots off. Let's see if he comes back in the morning.

So my story for the day, go to friends place to hunt with him, sit the same stand to shoot the shit really. On the way out we find a ground blind, not his. Right smack in the middle of his posted 40 acres.........needless to say I now have a new ground blind to take to camp with me this weekend

• Like 4

I've been hunting deer for 20 years now and I can't ever remember seeing a buck after opening day of gun season. This is real boring. My trail cams are littered with bucks but all are noctornal now.

So I see this all the time and this is no way directed at you specifically Cory but deer being nocturnal what do they do burrow underground or something all I ever hear is that they have gone nocturnal....so why not go wake them up....I understand if you can't bc of property lines but them going nocturnal to me means I don't feel as bad still hunting or even mini drives just to get them on their feet.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Haven't been on here in a bit. Opening day I shot a doe. Got a hugeeee 10 point on camera that I set up on and will be pretty much the only deer im hunting for the rest of the season. Seems like a late rut. Ill make a thread and post some pics later. Woods have been very active with big bucks lately.

Been cold had to get some good camo gear and i'm heading out in the morning.

Good luck all.

I'm running late this morning.  Working on the 2nd cup of coffee.  It's 19.8 degrees out with no wind or my weather vane is frozen.  No sightings again yesterday on private land, so I'm going back to state land where I've been seeing more deer movement.  Winds are suppose to be out of the SE, I can only hope.  Good luck everyone and be safe.

29 snow gone crunchy crunchy, I have to make it to work today so hunting behind the house where nothing has been moving last couple weeks but with it being the predicted best deer movement day of the season I was not staying in bed. I just need a lot of luck!

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 1