LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Opening morning 7 pointer, located in 9P. Shot with Remington .243 pump, 10 a.m harvest

This is my second year hunting this creek bottom. Last year I seen 23 deer opening day, I am about 1/2 mile in the woods from two roads. I believe a lot of hunters were pushing deer right to me, I had no shots last year, it was to thick to shoot on the other side of the creek.

This summer I made some nice clearings and hung up a stand, hoping I would have similar movement like last year. I only seen 4 deer this year, but this 7 pointer did exactly what I planned for. After slowly watching this buck take one slow step at a time for about 15 minutes, he finally gave me a 60 yard shot with about a 6 " opening to shoot. I could see another hunter about 100 yards down the creek, so I had to make a perfect shot. I hit him good and he ran about 10 feet. This is a respectable 2 1/2 year old where I hunt on state land , out of 7 guys I was the only one who seen a buck opening weekend.

Nice buck, your area must be like mine bucks with no brow tines.

Hey a buddy of mine has a deer he's processing and it has black hard things the size of bbs in the skin of its intestines and a couple tumors on it ... is it still good I've never seen these black things

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

my doe had a few things like that under the skin.....not the first time either, think it'll be fine...I ate mine without reservation.

Yea idk his deers got me hinchy it's bladder is huge and dark colored not normal color... the black bb things found in abdomen around tenderloin area,, tumors ... I hate wasting deer but idk about this 1 for him

at the very least call DEC and if they find it unfit for human consumption they will issue another tag.....but that's your call.

• Like 2

Yea I told him it was his call .... so tomorrow my Gf and me are gonna hunt my land down in middlesex ... this will be here first time hunting in a treestand and she has yet to shoot a deer so hopefully the stars line up tomorrow for her ... every1 have a great thanksgiving and stay safe

• Like 1

Got my first bear in hancock 4w on Sunday at 4pm. Was walking towards me at about 60 yards out. Aimed at his chest with my marlin 44 mag. Squeezed and he dropped where he stood. Turns out I didn't hit his chest at all. Hit him in his eye. No exit hole. Not sure if he dropped his head down as I shot but either way, it's about as lucky as you can get. He only dressed out at 165 but I will absolutely take it. I was an hour hike from camp so I decided to get help and go get him in the morning. Took us half the day to drag him back to camp. What a experience. Going with a half mount. Any tips or recipes for bear?

• Like 1

Back in my stand. Someone is using this stand when I am not here. Bow holder is all folded out. Shooting rail pad moved. Last week my trail cam was busted into and the photos were deleted. Hope it is still there. To dark to tell right now. Happy Thanksgiving everyone

• Like 1

windy out here. strong and steady. bright as hell also. passed two racoons on tbe way in. they were not afraid. didnt eun or anything. thoughf maybe rabid. as i type this heard a very distant shot. someone seeing something. gkod sign i guess. good luck everyone. another shot. maybe they are moving here despitethe wind.