LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

I'm driving around northern NJ for work and it's some of the prettiest deer cover you've ever seen, but the posted sign is the state flag I think.

One of the biggest whitetails I ever seen was on the way home from Atlantic city once. In the pouring rain on the side of the turnpike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man , live from the woods is slow lately. All you guys n gals tagged out ? I'm stuck working and like to live thru the woods vicariously. Ps And stuck listening to Christmas music. If I hear Christmas Shoes song one more time the radio receiver is going to get it !

Now you know why I hammer it during bow! Since shooting the doe the 2nd day I've yet to see a deer on public land .... I'll still go out here n there , but pretty much use this time as scouting new areas for next year, but with a gun haha.... Found a great pine stand with a crap load of new and old rubs that's a definite for next bow season ...

• Like 4

Ya that was actually back at you...wish we had two computers...kindles auto correct of control and my phone key pad doesn't match my fingers...lol :rolleyes:

So showered and base layer on...it's cold and foggy and I hope to sneak into the blind here by 5:40 and wait them out...lets hope. I want at least 1day and night to hang one...

at 7:378pt down...happens to be the one I wanted to make it ...but wow what a crazy crazy hunt in such a short time...going to get him now picks later....72 yards perfect shot he went 50yrds and piled...I actually can not believe I hit him...just one small opening thorough the slashings and he wasn't slowing down.

• Like 11

at 7:378pt down...happens to be the one I wanted to make it ...but wow what a crazy crazy hunt in such a short time...going to get him now picks later....72 yards perfect shot he went 50yrds and piled...I actually can not believe I hit him...just one small opening thorough the slashings and he wasn't slowing down.

2 good bucks. Great year. Must be nice.

• Like 1

Been seeing more movement in the afternoon, but no bucks. Pouring rain yesterday afternoon so I hunted out of a box blind. (Cozy) Had a nice doe out in front of me feeding for a good half hour. She was still there when I snuck out.

Trying a different stand tonight.  Good luck to all.