LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Tried of people Trespassing. Ok I get everything done in hopes of getting out by 1-2pm. So all goes good get in my stand, good wind for this stand. I see a hat Pass by some thick trees, on neighbor's posted land. Than I look with wind right over there backs hell. Well can't do anything about maybe the will kick something over here. So about 1hr later I see a person on another neighbors land, about 500yrds away. I hear 5 shots than 2 more at a fawn that went from me to them. The shooting was down hill where I'm sitting. So at 3:40 pm 1 person walking across the property line right pass me I whistle than he runs, No back tags orange vest. Hey its Amish again. So I jump in the truck catch one kid. I tell you know you crossed 4 posted properties plus I told your mom, your dad, and you the last time you was in my yard. He says you own it? not sorry no remorse. So I say stay out and I'll be making a Call to DEC. well call DEC officer There is nothing they can do. Next time call 911?  So since they moved here its gotten bad, and they don't care about property lines put their own. Iam out of the woods pissed.  

So at 10:40 am I have 5 doe and fawn cross infront of the car 1 1/2 miles from the house...UPS guy at 4:15 said 5 or 6 crossed over to our side down the hill as he was driving up.....This cold snap has them on their feet today...and the moon is finally dimming...It should be a good week end for you guys...Good Luck

Edited by growalot

This morning around 730, I had 3 deer come out of the thick stuff at a full sprint. 1 for sure was a doe, the others not sure. Thinking either a yote or possibly a buck pushed them to me, doubt it was a trespasser. Around 10 min. later this doe tried to sneak behind me...but I caught her movement. Decent young doe probably 1.5 yrs old. Forgot to add, seeing some new scrapes opened up.post-5632-0-48725900-1449271664_thumb.jp

Edited by HFBPA889
  • Like 6

This morning around 730, I had 3 deer come out of the thick stuff at a full sprint. 1 for sure was a doe, the others not sure. Thinking either a yote or possibly a buck pushed them to me, doubt it was a trespasser. Around 10 min. later this doe tried to sneak behind me...but I caught her movement. Decent young doe probably 1.5 yrs old. Forgot to add, seeing some new scrapes opened up.attachicon.gif20151204_085352.jpg

Congrats !! How far she travel with that hit a little high and back ? She'll be great eating .

Not hunting today had my 4 year old and he wanted to go to Wal-Mart so decided to be a good dad and stop. WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE. I hear a loud crash and screaming next thing I know there is a brawl going on about 20 people smashing each other with whatever they could get there hands on. Cops show up and these thugs start shoving back and fighting with cops. Man I feel bad for these cops with all this feguson crap etc they can't even do there jobs anymore. Well thank you Amherst police for making me feel somewhat safe to get my kid out of the store. Only thing I could tell my boy is you see these people never act like that. So disgusted with some people in this society. Get me back in the woods.....

• Like 2

Red ??? You still with us after that job today ?

im still alive but it was a Hell of a day I get up in the lift the wind is bouncing me around like crazy I spend 1 1/2 hrs taking the old parts off of these flag poles I put new pulleys gold balls halyard and snaps on both poles then I start to paint the first poke I get half way done with the pole and swing the lift to the other side of the pole half way the basket stops moving and the machine shuts down im trying the override nothing the horn still nothing now I've been up in the air working for 2 hrs already and I can't feel my fingers I call my office and ask them to call the armory that I'm at and ask some one to come out and ill.explain how to get me down from below. they didn't get an answer so I call and talk to the rental company we went over everything on the phone and both determine its something with the battery or wiring but they can't get anyone out for a couple hrs they are located in Niagara falls and im in Dunkirk then I see a guy come out of the armory I tell him were the 3 rrelease valves are and to open them and I slowly descended down. I thank the guy I check out the battery sure enough I can the terminals are tight on the mount but the wires are loose I right them the machine starts from.below but when I switch the controls to the basket it keeps shutting down at this point I can't wait a couple hrs for a repair guy I have to still install a 25' flag pole in east aurora so I left and hopefully when I go back on Tuesday everything will be good to go.

sorry for such a long story

This morning around 730, I had 3 deer come out of the thick stuff at a full sprint. 1 for sure was a doe, the others not sure. Thinking either a yote or possibly a buck pushed them to me, doubt it was a trespasser. Around 10 min. later this doe tried to sneak behind me...but I caught her movement. Decent young doe probably 1.5 yrs old. Forgot to add, seeing some new scrapes opened up.attachicon.gif20151204_085352.jpg

cool looking shottie what is it?

Dang Red. Rough day. Good thing that dude came out. Bright side is you're in EA tomorrow and can grab lunch at The Bar Bill, roast beef n wings ! And Aurora Brewworks has some great beers for later

I ate at the bar Bill before they have really good wings

On my way to camp not an easy hour and a half drive when I already have two deer in the freezer wouldn't mind another flat head but hoping a bear or coyote slip up this morning..... also very excited to put out the new cell camera picked up from Phade last week

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by mlammerhirt