LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Even a flashing light in the dark?

That would be cool. I could see it like a beacon!

Supposedly not. I've got a small green flashlight, I sometimes use to go in. One of the selling points was that it was "invisible" to deer. Who knows how they figured that one out.

I'm still going with they can see a flashing light. They just see it differently.

I use a green colored light flashlight as well. Believing green is a color not as well registered by a deer but not invisible.

Who knows for sure.

Edited by Fletch

Congrats Grow!! I'm sitting in my highest stand yet. 35 thousand feet off the ground in a plane headed back to Soldotna. I don't think I can even see a deer from up here! Lol no problem, it will be no fewer than I saw from 15 feet. : )

I flew into Nashville a few weeks ago and there was a doe bedded literally 50 yards from the end of the runway

Well update...Looks like I'm not blind after all...went down the hill to shop for guys going to camp...look down laneway and about 100ft infront of blind in neighbors swamp ...birds circling...they were big...I thought turkey vultures migrated??...Anyways that or very big crows or ravens...either way looks like that yote died

Edited by growalot

Well update...Looks like I'm not blind after all...went down the hill to shop for guys going to camp...look down laneway and about 100ft infront of blind in neighbors swamp ...birds circling...they were big...I thought turkey vultures migrated??...Anyways that or very big crows or ravens...either way looks like that yote died

Might it be a gut pile they're on ? Had ravens on one and crows on another day after I shot my deer. Made for a lot of noise. Next day both were gone completely , yote's dragging off what was left I'm sure. Or did you see dead coyote ?