LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

I am finishing up my bagel now and getting dressed to take that 1/2 mile walk to the hidey hole stand...Wish me luck...I have a deep banked stream then a water fall to cross in the dark and a steep hill to walk through a downfall of dead ash....lol...... If I don't hit that stand at least one morning it will knaw at me the rest of the year....

PS... We had back strap in garlic butter,,,no way anyone eating at my place last night could tell that was deer meat...OMG I think it may be the best deer meat I have ever tasted!

Edited by growalot
  • Like 2

When the f is duck season over!!! ? Starting to see why I have quite a few slammer bucks in this spot cause they go nocturnal with the barrage of shotgun fire .... Just watched two doe's come out of there skin with the first shots ... Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by deerpassion
  • Like 1

bb9b37a0b5dd830b7933f43bf0b2bddd.jpgnever!

Lol.... I love duck hunting , grew up hunting down in the Everglades , haven't hunted em in a few years cause it coincides with deer season !!! Over here at Iroquois refuge n I've seen probly 20 + flights of 15-30 ducks within shotgun range of my tree... I should have brought the shotgun and bow hunted on the side lol

Nothing but squirrels in 3s. This is becoming extremely depressing. I haven't seen anything for a week doing all day sits

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

sounds exactly how my season has gone in 3s they've been eluding me for weeks it's frustrating

• Like 2

dAMNIT!!!!' Just made a quick move to get away from the duck hunters in a river bottom that these bucks like to cruise on the downwind side of the creek sniffing the bedding across it.... No sooner do I hang my pack n reach to pull the bow up here comes my shooter 8!!! I'm screwed with bow on the ground and he goes under me at 5 fricken yards without a care in the world ....

Yea that deer came in down wind of me and my tree I sprayed with tinks in my lane and tore it up made scrapes everywere

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah tinks seems to be working right now.

All misspellings courtesy of iPhone

• Like 1

sounds exactly how my season has gone in 3s they've been eluding me for weeks it's frustrating

I'm beginning to hate 3s and I have prime property and tons of deer inhabiting said property but none ever want to come anywhere I can either see them or within any sort of range

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk