Looks like I've been taken...

jjb4900

I would recommend "turning the other cheek" and not posting the name. Everyone eventually gets what they got coming if you know what I mean.

yeah, I agree with you on that one.....posting his info wouldn't make a difference that's why I haven't done so......I had every intention of doing something nice, and if he would have said he couldn't afford anything he still would have gotten the bow,,,,,for every 100 decent people out there, there will be one who isn't.....really no loss to me, other than that I feel bad that an honest person didn't get it.

• Like 5

funny part is, I would do it all again to help someone out....the scumbags are few and far between. I'm just torn as to whether or not to post his info to spare another of the same or just move on....I'll wait to hear the feedback on that issue.

What kind of bow if u don't mind me asking

it was an older PSE Bruin, brand new strings and cables(about $150), arrows, a whisker biscuit rest, stabilizer,  quiver and a release that cost me about $50 2 years ago...cost me $20 in shipping and I took his first offer of $80 for everyhing...pretty good deal if you ask me....and I would have taken a fraction of that and been happy to help someone out.....but quite honestly what was sent is not the issue.

That stinks.

I never send anything until the check fully clears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if it was something I was looking to make money on I would have been more careful.....but it was more of trying to help someone out and money was secondary...maybe he'll fall on a broadhead and we'll be even.

• Like 3

I did a quick search out of curiosity. If I found the right member, does he only have 15 posts? I'm cautious of any member that only has a few posts that buys or sells anything here. An established member, I would give them the benefit of the doubt and probably even trust more than I should. 

I sent a member several boxes of brass a couple years ago and only asked that he cover the cost of shipping (~$8 ). It took me several weeks to get a check and I even had to PM him a couple times to remind him... Like you, it wasn't for the money, but the principle of the thing. Several members replied and wanted the brass, but I let him have it, because he was the first one to reply.

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 1

I glanced at the low life's profile. He only has 15 posts as stated above and hasn't logged in since 9/12/15. It looks like he should get most viewed for his shallow act. I would hope he see's that he's getting a bad reputation and pay up to somewhat save his butt. 

oh, I was well aware of the risk of sending something off like I did......and it's not even the loss of the bow or the money that bothers me at this point....if I have something I don't need I'm more than happy to help someone out, I've sent stuff to other members before for free and have paid the shipping and told them not to worry about reimbursement, just happy to help out and clean out some unneeded stuff.....but when people go about things like this it pisses me off a little bit.

I can vouch for this. Sucks to have happened to a generous guy.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems