If this is you....

meatmuzzy

burt all my neighbors are from the island as well or from another state.  I have no one to look after it.  What i am going to start doing is putting trail cams up high pointing down to the parking area to see who's visiting when we're gone.  This way I can get plate numbers too.

Robinson i appreciate the offer but i dont want anyone knowing where my property is.  The fact that im not up there most of the time leaves the place very vulnerable to people like this.  I just dont feel comfortable releasing even the town im in.

The best thing I ever did was allowing two of my neighbors to hunt my place.  They both live next to me and both hunt very little.  But with them being there they keep an eye on my place like it's their own.  They don't hesitate to call the State Police if they see a vehicle or person that shouldn't be there. 

At first I didn't allow anyone on the property to hunt but I would sometimes find signs that someone had been there.  Especially when we had snow on the ground, pretty hard to hide those footprints.  >:(

If you have a friend(s) up there who is a local you might want to think about letting them hunt on your place.  In turn he'll be patrolling your place as well.  Besides they might be hunting it anyway.  :-\

Bro, i know how you feel but that ish happens to most of us,the locals feel they have the right to tresspass cause they live up there,at least he didnt take your camera.

I got robbed they took 5 trailcams,shotgun,32''flatsccreen tv,ridgid cordless powertools,bosch grinder,mider saw and my liquor

This took place in the summer time when we would go up every weekend

to do some work. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Just looking at that picture gets me upset....stuff like that really gets me hot under the collar...I would be better off if I didnt come across a tresspasser as I dont know what I would do. This year I had a guy shoot a deer above my property (not on my property) and a minute later a see two deer run past me, one was a doe and the other I saw was running real fast and headed for my pines. What i didnt know at the time was that the deer that went under the pines was on a death run. I came back the next morning to find a gut pile on my property and they had the nerve to drag the deer out through my property. I was so upset that my uncle and dad had to calm me down........C'mon for real we work the property, pay taxes etc...and then these $cumbags come and trespass.....

nybowhunter if they asked you would you let them get it

Yes without a doubt, atleast then I could go with them. But not only did they not ask,  they left the gutpile right in the middle of my trail and then proceeded to drag the deer on one of my trails the entire length of my property.

geno - place is covered with posted signs.

cloke - that is awful.  the only reason he didnt take the cam is he never saw it cause the flash never went off.

cwhite - no its the southern zone.

NYbowhunter - if that happened to me i'd probably combust! Nothing like a good old bloody trail going through your prop that u didnt make... >;)

The locals up there really make me nuts. I see the tracks in the snow and ive talked to neighbors up there about their experiences with these guys.  They've taken a zero tolerance approach and call the state without hesitation everytime they catch someone.  Thats what i'll be doing if I CATCH THIS GUY

Robinson i appreciate the offer but i dont want anyone knowing where my property is.  The fact that im not up there most of the time leaves the place very vulnerable to people like this.  I just dont feel comfortable releasing even the town im in.

haha. ok man. Just offering. I'm not the kind to hunt property that is not mine just giving a friendly offer to watch over your land while your not intown.

i appreciate the offer.  Good to know people actually give a hoot up there.

Yeah. My father and i the the caretakers for his friends land. It really goes hand in hand. If i had land and i lived out of town i would want my buddys to watch over my land. Its just a you scratch my back and ill scratch yours kind of thing i guess. The farmer asked me to keep an eye out on Coyotes on his land so ive been doing that. Cant stand them little guys. They have even gotten pretty ballsy enough to take a calf right out of the barn!

I'd seriously consider someone's offer (such as Robinsons) if you can determine you can trust them. Being a remote landowner, it may be best to do this.

I had a friend in Virginia who had land and dog runners figured out that he lived two hours away, and ran dogs through (including dropping and picking up on it). Best thing he did was go to the town police, the county troopers, and the state police. He found a younger state policeman who had just relocated on assignment, and who hunted. After meeting him, and talking for a bit, he worked out a deal that gave the officer hunting rights. The officer in turn patrolled the land when not on duty and while hunting, and attached laminated business cards to the posted signs.

The issues stopped immediately as soon as the first dogs were dropped off and tickets were issued. The runner even lost his rifle in the deal. The office has to be in his mid thirties now, and still hunts, but it built such a good relationship, the office and the owner's family are now good friends. Not only did the owner get the porblems to stop, but he got a dedicated hunting partner out of the deal.

Assuming you want your land to yourself and your family/friends during deer season, you may still be able to work out a deal with a neighbor to be able to hunt it for small game, turkey, etc. outside of deer season a couple times.

I'd strongly suggest finding a local connection that you can trust in this situation. Obviously screen them as best as possible to avoid them ruingint he place, hunting when you are not there...generally you should be able to get a feel if they can be trustworthy.

I feel your frustration!!! I go through the same thing with tresspassers! Makes my blood boil!! Maybe we should have a section devoted to tresspasser pics hoping members may recognize these ass-wipes!

Maybe you should take the photos to the proper authorities rather than make libelous statements on a public web forum? Just a thought.