My first 10pt

nycredneck

First off one brow tine is broken so reality it's a nine, but in MY book it's a TEN.

Work schedule has prevented me from hunting NYS so far this year, last year I passed on a 6 but I did get to shoot big coyote. Got this guy Sunday morning in Monmouth County, NJ on a horse farm my FIL owns. I passed on many 6's and 8's and even saw bigger 10's but this 10 presented me with a shot. The rack does have some character with a forked G2 and near the end of each main beam are Bot Fly holes which are pretty neat. 

post-1433-0-47845200-1449056021_thumb.jp

post-1433-0-83740700-1449056058_thumb.jp

Edited by nycredneck
  • Like 26

I am doing a euro mount on this guy because in my 1850 built home the ceilings are kinda low. I will be hanging him in the shed with my other euro mounts. I never did put a tape on him, I can't wait to get him back from the butcher and do some measuring. He is on the wide side.

I saw eight bucks on Veterans Day Nov 11, it was the peak of the rut with the two bigger deer ( a 10 & a 8 ) locked on to hot doe's. The smaller bucks ( small 8's & 6's ) running around frantically, it was the best day I ever had for watching deer, no shot presented itself on the bigger deer and I passed on the smaller ones. It was the peak of the rut and I sat in my tree all day.

Edited by nycredneck
  • Like 1

Having a euro mount done for the first time on the buck I killed last week. I'm getting a weathered plank from the old homestead on the property and some old "bob" wire from the area where he was killed. We now have a bigger home but I have a smaller trophy room. So this will fit nicely. Again, congrats on your beautiful buck!

• Like 1

Thanks guy's, he had an 18" inside spread. Made a bucket with heating element in it and cooked him for a few hours with no time to finish this past weekend so he is sitting in the bucket all week till I can get back to it this weekend.

Edited by nycredneck

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...