Beer

Dom

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Watch the Giants sneak in and win it, as is their MO

With JPP done...so are by beloved Giants.  Giants simply lack the depth.  They have no one behind Vernon, Hankins, Snacks, and JPP.  Plus I don't know why Reese keeps ignoring the right side of the OL.

• Like 1

I just had a Genny red-eye, along with some black angus liver for lunch.  It seemed to be a good combo and brought out the flavor very well.  I am saving the last Cream-ale in the beer-fridge, to go with a button buck-liver in case I am able to score one with my last DMP.  If you are going to eat the best you may as well drink the best with it.       1

8 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I just had a Genny red-eye, along with some black angus liver for lunch.  It seemed to be a good combo and brought out the flavor very well.  I am saving the last Cream-ale in the beer-fridge, to go with a button buck-liver in case I am able to score one with my last DMP.  If you are going to eat the best you may as well drink the best with it.       1

EGADS!!  Genny screamers as the best beer ? You sir are certainly not right:pleasantry:

18 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

EGADS!!  Genny screamers as the best beer ? You sir are certainly not right:pleasantry:

It is just a little under-appreciated in the Buffalo area.  In the rest of the state, country, and the world, it goes over pretty good. It won several gold cups at the world beef festival in Munich.  A famous actor actually had it written into the script of an Oscar nominated movie ("A History of Violence") a few years ago, because he liked it so much.   They wanted him to order a Yiengling but he would not do it.    Google it if you doubt me.  I always aim for the truth.     That is one of my top ten favorite movies because it has my favorite line: "I will take a Genny Cream".      

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

I'm a big Genny supporter , and after our " last day in " many from the dept. can found at their Brew Pub, however  Genny white can and Cream ale are good house beers but far from their best , let alone comparable to today's craft beers.

I recommend Genny's , Winter Warmer if you want a really good Genny product , it's 9 % ABV so be careful !

I almost fell out of my chair when he ordered a Genny Cream ale, that movie was set in Philly, where Genny Cream Ale has a cult like following , believe it or not .

As far as I know it won two Gold medals at , The Great American Beer Festival .

Edited by Larry302

I see the craft beer thing as a fad.  Eventually folks will tire of that bitter "hoppy" taste  True quality endures.  The white-can "red-eyes" also have a cult following out in Denver CO.  There was a little typo up above but it won't let me edit now - "beef" should be "beer".

Edited by wolc123

I see the craft beer thing as a fad.  Eventually folks will tire of that bitter "hoppy" taste  True quality endures.  The white-can "red-eyes" also have a cult following out in Denver CO.  There was a little typo up above but it won't let me edit now - "beef" should be "beer".

Having a " fad hoppy taste " Big Ditch Hayburner at the Oak Stave 5503b9817429eb16126d745580fcdf5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Beer thread hijack. Smoked Manhattan  

Mixing it up huh? But I see Mrs. Feathers is having her usual Moscow Mule. Nice

Stopped at the store tonight and saw this but was too chicken to buy a sixer of it, however they have a Holiday 12 pack that has it in there. Anyone tried it?

IMG_20161210_181051578.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Zem18 said:

Stopped at the store tonight and saw this but was too chicken to buy a sixer of it, however they have a Holiday 12 pack that has it in there. Anyone tried it?

Had it as a sample over the cookie dough is cream.  it was good but weird.  then i bought one in a pick 6 and by itself it tastes literally just like cookie dough. Not bad not great but worth a try. 

• Like 1

Saw it. Couldn't do it either.

• Like 1

Dammit I have to drive to PA to get it as no one around  here sells that. Good thing I work just 6 miles from the border. Hopefully this week I can make a run down there. Looks and sounds delicious. 

Settled for this tonight

IMG_20161210_213437629.jpg

Edited by Zem18
Pic
  • Like 1