Crosman Airbow, $849 air-powered arrows @ 450 FPS

Core

If it'll help kill more overpopulating does, the DEC will work it in.

I was lucky enough to cover a company profile for them several years and they are nice people. I got to go into their "skunkworks" and a lot of the big bore stuff on the market now was prototyping and I got to play around with a lot of them. They reverse engineer nearly every competitor offering to better understand it and benefit from it.

It was a genuinely positive experience and I hope they have success with it in some fashion. I could honestly see value in it in urban zones when there is a legit need for ease of use implements when access prevents necessary harvests.

If it'll help kill more overpopulating does, the DEC will work it in.

I was lucky enough to cover a company profile for them several years and they are nice people. I got to go into their "skunkworks" and a lot of the big bore stuff on the market now was prototyping and I got to play around with a lot of them. They reverse engineer nearly every competitor offering to better understand it and benefit from it.

It was a genuinely positive experience and I hope they have success with it in some fashion. I could honestly see value in it in urban zones when there is a legit need for ease of use implements when access prevents necessary harvests.

The DEC will need to drop the legal discharge distance if they really want this to work. 500' prevents a lot of otherwise good hunting where this implement would be most effective.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• Like 1

Looks cool. Not a bow by any means. It's a gun. A "bow" has a string IMO.

After reading this and the new actual air gun thread, I am seeing a trend that perhaps we over looked. Maybe the air gun companies know something we don't? 

A bow doesn't have a gun stock or safety .............  :rolleyes:

A bow doesn't have a gun stock or safety .............  :rolleyes:

Sorry, I didn't feel the need to re-say what was said. You are correct eddie.

This new fad isn't up my alley. Toting a C02 canister and tube to hunt just adds weight and bulk. This new contraption looks cool, and that's will make it sell. That and the "It's new, I gotta have it!" factor.

Sorry, I didn't feel the need to re-say what was said. You are correct eddie.

This new fad isn't up my alley. Toting a C02 canister and tube to hunt just adds weight and bulk. This new contraption looks cool, and that's will make it sell. That and the "It's new, I gotta have it!" factor.

There's no CO2 canister to tote around. CO2 can't produce 3000 psi needed for this type of implement.

This might be getting ahead of things a bit but I think maybe the DEC is moving towards one long season where any weapon is fair game.  yup... I said it!

That's when I quit. If the tranquility that goes along with bow hunting doesn't exist anymore the DEC and hunting industry will get no more $$ from me

This might be getting ahead of things a bit but I think maybe the DEC is moving towards one long season where any weapon is fair game.  yup... I said it!

I am not sure how many generations it will take before this happens, but I to believe that they are diligently working toward that goal. Why?.... Because they are continually upset that all these "special" seasons (read that to be bowseasons) have complicated their ability to beat on the deer population when they feel the need. I do think they are working on making bow seasons into "any weapon" seasons as fast as they can. Who will stop them? ..... The NYB? .....ha-ha-ha.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did any of you guys watch this video and notice the size of the tank to load that pig ?

Yeah these things either require a tank or something that looks like a bicycle pump and you pump it a few hundred times (not kidding).  http://www.amazon.com/ElitePower-Airgun-Pressure-Diving-Cylinder/dp/B01173BARU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453302308&sr=8-1&keywords=pcp+manual+pump

Yeah these things either require a tank or something that looks like a bicycle pump and you pump it a few hundred times (not kidding). http://www.amazon.com/ElitePower-Airgun-Pressure-Diving-Cylinder/dp/B01173BARU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453302308&sr=8-1&keywords=pcp+manual+pump

The pump will probably further deter most hunters in NY from using it, seeing the demographic of healthy hunters we have here. That'll further the advantage not only based on price, but also based on physical exercise required to use the pump. You're off to a good start Larry!

In one video I saw, Jim Shockey fills it from a canister about the size of a 1/2 gallon jug.

It gets a couple of shots per fill.  The videos seem to try and cover up the sound it makes when fired too.  I'm assuming it's pretty loud, considering what some 1200 fps airguns sound like.