OK guy's Call your lawmakers

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this post, and what a hot potato!

Although I support enhanced outdoor activities for the handicapped. I won't be contacting, the bill leaves the door too wide open for fraud. It doesn't help I've personally witnessed a teenager run from a store, hop over the side & into a new convertible mustang parked in the first handicapped spot. He topped it off by pulling the mirror tag & squealed tires while taking off like a rocket..  I wish I was as handicapped as him!

this is pure nonsense dude. i have to call "stinky's" on this one. first off the guy's i see driving these new Stangs are mostly in their 50s, i think the 40k pricetag has much to do with that, not too many teens buying Stangs n Vettes anymore. oh and then he hopped over the closed door into the drivers seat, Now Really??LOL. your story is amusing but lacks any fact, just admit it your Doc under another screen name!!! :O  lets just keep this thread to facts not fairy tale theories now that Doctor Doom has left the building 8)

the way i look at this whole thing is it's just a bill that might help out some hunters who are in their 50s or 60s with arthritic shoulders or tendonitis get into the woods with a weapon that can humanley and effectively harvest a deer. this would be a very good alternative to having to use a 35lb bow with very limited range and low KE.

all in all this bill it is just something that might give some of these older guys a jump by maybe a year or 2 until we finally do get full inclusion in NY state.

so to sit there and argue about teens jumping into mustangs with handicapped stickers and your own little version of how disabled a guy must be to hunt with a crossbow is all just plain silly.

i would think most of you would be guy's that favor the 2nd amendment and alittle less state and gov regulation is good, especially when it come to giving hunters options on what weapon they want to hunt with????

There is fraud in every law....welfare...so let's dump the whole system...even for those actually in need because of a few...or since some illegally take game...let's not allow any taking of game. Doesn't make sense to me. Be honest guys...is it the issue with a crossbow....or truly a worry about a doctor fraudulently certifying a person as not capable of drawing a bow?

• 2 weeks later...

I will dam sure be calling in my support for this one.

After having endured 6 different surgeries on my right arm and shoulder, I think I can (just maybe) qualify

for the permit to use my crossbow here in NY under this article.

And yes, I do have a handicap parking permit, but, I rarely ever use it. I like to walk.  Helps keep me from suffering yet another heart attack.

how could using a crossbow during the bow season have any affect on other bow hunters... ?? A crossbow is nothing more than a glorified compound bow... the features are nearly the same... no matter how you try to spin it.. and th 85% let off one th compounds is almost like having the bow cocked... if it has limbs, a string and an arrow its a bow... stop the whining and hunt and give disabled hunters the same chance to hunt

how could using a crossbow during the bow season have any affect on other bow hunters... ?? A crossbow is nothing more than a glorified compound bow... the features are nearly the same... no matter how you try to spin it.. and th 85% let off one th compounds is almost like having the bow cocked... if it has limbs, a string and an arrow its a bow... stop the whining and hunt and give disabled hunters the same chance to hunt

Exactly!

give disabled hunters the same chance to hunt

OK. :)  The rest of the lazy guys...no way. 8)

Like all those unwilling to do the work to be proficient and hunt with a recurve?

Can't just do the right thing for the disabled without tying it to some condition haven't nothing to do with it - pretty high up the pathetic scale.

pretty high up the pathetic scale.

I haven't been here long, but it is pretty easy to see what kind of a person you are.

I'll be sure to run all of my opinions by you first, from now on. ::(

If you want to quote me include the whole thing:

Can't just do the right thing for the disabled without tying it to some condition haven't nothing to do with it - pretty high up the pathetic scale.

Post anything you want - especially that which clearly shows no empathy with disabled hunters. Thanks ;)

Post anything you want - especially that which clearly shows no empathy with disabled hunters. Thanks :(

Are you this obnoxious with everyone, or just the newer members?

Disabled hunters have access to draw locks now, and NYB has had a great program to help the physically challenge for years.

The number of people who truly need a crossbow is probably very low.

Post anything you want - especially that which clearly shows no empathy with disabled hunters. Thanks :(

Are you this obnoxious with everyone, or just the newer members?

Disabled hunters have access to draw locks now, and NYB has had a great program to help the physically challenge for years.

Nevertheless such disabled hunters should be given the opportunity to hunt with a crossbow.

I had a nice long reply written out explaining why this statement is a bunch of nonsense, but I decided not to bother this time.

You believe that there are many who need one?

I don't think so.  But I have no problem allwing them for those who are physically challenge.  Go for it.

I wish there had been a forum like this when everyone wanted compound allowed into archery season. The exact same things were said and argued.  If we do not move forward, we will stagnate and never get anywhere. So it is time to give up the my implement is the only one, and others who do not use it suck. 

I had a nice long reply written out explaining why this statement is a bunch of nonsense, but I decided not to bother this time.

You believe that there are many who need one?

I don't think so.  But I have no problem allwing them for those who are physically challenge.  Go for it.

Yes, I do believe there are alot of guys with shoulder issues that could use them. I also believe that anyone who wants to use one should be able to. After all, they are just another form of bow.

We have a bunch of threads on crossbows on the forum, you can find how I feel about that and NYB in one or two of them.  :(

exactly bubba!...to those of you that use a compound i guess you need to back to a long bow or recurve with 0% let off and see what archery use to be, this crossbow bill is designed for the disabled, and the crossbow bill in place now limits the drawweight and size of the crossbow it will never be a 100yrd weapon in ny...