OK guy's Call your lawmakers

If the survey you have refered to is the DEC 2009 survey...let me recap

53% believe crossbows shoule be legalized

that includes 53% that identified them selves as bowhunters

and 54% of other hunters. there was only 32% of bowhunters that said it shouldn't be legalized

This held consistent for the specific question on wheter it should be included when any bow was a legal implement

53% legal for bowhunting

When questioned on use only 21% of bowhunters said they definitely would not use one. 43% were in some form of YES

Was this the survey you were refering to?

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/deersurvppt2010.pdf

That's going to leave a pretty serious mark! ;D

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many people if allowed to try crossbow would eventually want to try bow?

It hasn't happened to any significant level in Ohio.....growth in crossbows extends over vertical bows each year.

Where did you get this information ? 

I hunt Ohio yearly, and have not been asked what type of equipment I would be using.  I go in and I buy my license(s) and my Urban tags(anterless), and no one ever asks what I am hunting with.

If you are refering to the survey again...I can't tell....ALL in not a truthful statement

The survey was sent out to ALL license holders, not just bowhunters.

Pure fabrication. Pure lie.

Do some research.

I have....me....I never got one and I don't know anyone that has? did they pass them out at a NYB meeting?

If you are refering to the survey again...I can't tell....ALL in not a truthful statement

Do some research.

I have....me....I never got one and I don't know anyone that has? did they pass them out at a NYB meeting?

Other then a short one at the yearly dinner, there are no meetings.

At least none the general membership can attend.

Ahhhh .... I see the problem.

I should have said a SAMPLING of all deer hunters, not every single deer hunter.

My bad.  The point is, they sampled across all facets of deer hunters and not just bowhunters.

Do some research.

I dont need to. You are saying that they asked all lisence holders. Since I have been a lisence holder for 20 years and have never gotten a survey, then you are wrong. Im not the only one that didnt get the survey, culver said he didnt either. You are the one making the claims, maybe you should do your research before you spout off.

and 54% of other hunters. there was only 32% of bowhunters that said it shouldn't be legalized

This held consistent for the specific question on wheter it should be included when any bow was a legal implement

53% legal for bowhunting

When questioned on use only 21% of bowhunters said they definitely would not use one. 43% were in some form of YES

Arrow,

I wanted to make sure you didn't miss this post since you didn't comment on it. Was this the survey you were refering to?

53% legal for bowhunting

Arrow,

I wanted to make sure you didn't miss this post since you didn't comment on it. Was this the survey you were refering to?

Which is why I say, we need to hold the DEC to the fire. They waste money doing survey's and then do not follow there own science.

Arrow,

No - I have never seen that one before.  It is not in final report format, but I have no reason not to believe it.

That would be the first bit of data I have seen that suggests a majority of NY sportsmen would allow crossbows....that certainly tempers my message a bit.

I remain convinced that crossbows do not belong...but will not force my views over the will of the NY sportsmen.

We'll have to watch for a follow up report.  They often break down the responses in more detail....for example they obviously asked these questions one at a time (because each one totals to 100%).

If they ask it all at once, the answer may be different.

Hey look, something even I can agree with you on. Ive been saying for a long time that there should be a real survey on certain topics every year that you have to fill out when you get your tags. That would be pretty simple and the only way to see how the whole ny hunting community feels on the issues.

Hey look, something even I can agree with you on. Ive been saying for a long time that there should be a real survey on certain topics every year that you have to fill out when you get your tags. That would be pretty simple and the only way to see how the whole ny hunting community feels on the issues.

How is it that something so reasonable as that.. has yet to be done by the DEC? I don't get it... instead they survey 2500 hunters and I'm never one of them ;)

How is it that something so reasonable as that.. has yet to be done by the DEC? I don't get it... instead they survey 2500 hunters and I'm never one of them ;)

They are on a budget!

Actually HE came back with a lot of CLASS  and simply stated that the report tempered his posts position...lets see....

That would be the first bit of data I have seen that suggests a majority  of NY sportsmen would allow crossbows....that certainly tempers my  message a bit

Yep no class lost there...good for him

Yeah well his lack of class before that was the issue... the backpeddling when you are proven wrong is just a defense mechanism... and if you read further in the post ... he still states that we must wait to see the follow up report.. still questioning the result