My first buck is back as a mount

Rockspek

Well this came back and is actually bigger than I remember.  This is the only buck I have ever seen while hunting.  Not surprising I guess since this last season was my first.  I love the hole towards the end of the right antler.  Another neat thing was a scar on his cheek the taxidermist said went most of the way through his skin.  It all adds character.  I put it on a piece of old oak that I pulled out of my brothers house during a remodel.  We are guessing the board is at least 100 years old but probably much older.  

post-7067-0-04227000-1460889782_thumb.jp

• Like 16

This isn't my first buck but it is my first wall mounter and biggest yet. I posted a thread in the fall about keeping him natural or fixing him. I kept him natural and wouldn't have it any other way! I often find myself just looking at him reliving that morning. Has me itching to get out there, trying to get him some company on the wall.

post-2567-0-92319600-1460894748_thumb.jp

post-2567-0-28653500-1460894847_thumb.jp

• Like 4

great buck and awesome first buck!  I had my first buck grow legs.  Not sure whatever happened to it... think a dog got into the open garage and snagged it and maybe buried it or something.  antlers still fresh when it disappeared.  all I have is a photo with it in the garage from when I was 16.

This is my first buck, 10/15/98. Jim Block mounted him I had him back the day before gun and killed the other buck in the pic the next day

I like the fork at the end of the right antler and the texture near the brow tines is cool.  My buck only barely had one brow tine.  

• Like 1