So how old would you quess this one to be...

growalot

His main beams look to have a bit more mass (depth) than some, but his bases are smaller than a couple of area bucks. When I say area...I am not  all that pleased to see them now...for yearly data tells me if I'm seeing them now...I won't be seeing them in the fall...or if so rarely...

Good thing about that is, We have farm fields filled with soybeans and field peas.Those will be cut and then the corn will all be chopped this fall. With the season being so dang dry...chopped early. Those are a few of miles away...next to us is beef hay fields and later planted corn....the summer stuffed bachelors from those fields will disperse looking for doe. We have plenty of home range doe. I am looking forward to some fall surprises...

I place cams near stand areas so I can switch cards on the way in or out of an area I plan to hunt that day. That tells me what is around even though I may not have seen it the day of hunt...and there is no cam intrusion on new deer to the area. Other than leaf blowing. I rarely hit the woods in the fall...and believe it or not leaf blowing doesn't bother even the big guys...I had a 12pt buck step out in front of me and walk the trail while I walked behind it with the DR. one year...another time had a huge 8pt leave a doe to walk right up to me,just a few feet away, and check me out. 2nd dumbest thing I have ever done in the woods...he could have killed my in a heart beat. My curiosity trumped my intelligence that day... but he sniffed me and turned ,walking away glancing back once...I stood their hammer at my side shaking(returning from putting up posted signs before gun season).

• Like 1