Flights

Paula

I usually use Southwest or JetBlue and book direct with them.....not sure of Southwest is an option for you, but they don't charge baggage fees.

I do the same.  Probably a better way to do it but I don't travel much (enough!!).

Curious to see where this goes...................................

Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline...$1,200-$5,000 sound ridiculous. Are you looking at first class?

I don't think it was first class, I did do something wrong because now I get $350-400. Maybe it was the time restraints I put in.

Where do you look for flights? I just was on travelocity and I got prices fro $1200 to $5000 just to fly to NC!!

Ms. Paula........Give us some random dates, departing airport, destination airport, how many adults etc and lets see what we can come up with.

The winner gets a "HuntingNY.com" sticker, from me.  I have a stash............. :)

• Like 3

I don't think it was first class, I did do something wrong because now I get $350-400. Maybe it was the time restraints I put in.

Often the farther out you book , the less it costs . Costs are always higher around the holidays also . 

• Like 1

I'm not booking test just looking. I can either leave from Buffalo or Rochester to Wilington Nc or Myrtle SC.

It looks like Jet and south is not going to work.

I will be flying alone Larry, maybe Aug 24 to Sept 1

Paula - When we went on our trip to Equador and Peru , some of our flights were on American Airlines . Every one of them was late and the last flight from Miami to DC was a nightmare . I wrote to the AA CEO and we got 2 vouchers for $250 for future flights . 

Good luck in your quest ! 

• Like 1

For more specific dates, I use Kayak.com because they give me the +/- flexible search option.  For completely flexible dates, I use skyscanner.com because they allow me to search the entire month or the entire year for best prices.

• Like 2

Are you locked into those places or are you just looking to go some where to vacay?

If you can find a cheap way to make your way to a major transit hub such as NYC or Toronto and you're extremely flexible, then there are some great deals out there.  Since these deals only last for a short period of time (I saw on sell out same day), you have to be flexible enough to jump on it when they're available.

Fare searching is pretty tough because it is one of the most analytical fields in our economy. The algorithms used by these companies are built similar to the ones used by brokerage firms to buy and sell stock before humans can even blink their eye.

General rule for buying tickets is well, general. There are sweet spots for each destination for booking out, based on origin. Certain days of the week are better to buy and fly, etc.

Problem is, you just need to research. I'd clear your cookies and browsing history often while doing so.

• Like 1

Did you check out pricing of flying out of Toronto ? American dollar is holding pretty decent there and sometimes flights are cheaper. Just a thought

And I think the Niagara Falls <NY airport has some aggressive pricing to the Carolinas to lure in golfers

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1