Rescinding antlerless in early bow in 8n

Rockspek

21 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Soooo, its ok for bow season but not gun season. Contradict yourself much?

I just have to remember that this nonsense is coming from someone that believes that a bow and arrow is just as effective as a gun.

I never said it was ok to do that to bow season and not to gun. I said that a if it were done  to gun season it would leave very little time for hunters to fill the other tags. It leaves 6 weeks or more to fill tage if done in bow season.

I also never said a bow is as effective as a gun. You keep saying that a bow is not effective for keeping deer numbers down. Insimply pointed out that other states have no problem doing it with bow being the main weapon and longest season. A fact that you seem to ignore. If otHer states can have a week or evev couple days for gun and up to 2 months for bow that means the bows do well at controlling there herd. Right?

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

There is a pretty good chance that if the doe days were implemented in the season that has the most effective results, it would turn out that this magical 2 weeks, would be more like two or three days.

Doesn't it seem odd that this emergency overpopulation problem that plagues those targeted areas was never discussed or proposed to apply in a season that had the best odds of having significant success? Just how serious are they really when they apply the solution only in the least effective season. That's the real question that nobody is asking.

Not Least effective weapon. Least effective hunters.

Yes grow and moog No use argueing with me until you can prove what I have said wrong. Bow hunters are the ones not shooting the doe and they are the ones who stop hunting when they are told to shoot them. And again when and where did they say kill doe or else we will put guns in bow season. If  I am wrong show me and I will admitt it. I admitted Gros didn't bring up the buck tag first. Every time you people can not show prove that you are right and I am wrong you ignore  the points made and say no use. SO PROVE ME WRONG

39 minutes ago, stubby68 said:

Yes grow and moog No use argueing with me until you can prove what I have said wrong. Bow hunters are the ones not shooting the doe and they are the ones who stop hunting when they are told to shoot them. And again when and where did they say kill doe or else we will put guns in bow season. If  I am wrong show me and I will admitt it. I admitted Gros didn't bring up the buck tag first. Every time you people can not show prove that you are right and I am wrong you ignore  the points made and say no use. SO PROVE ME WRONG

No need to stubby, you have admitted your narrow mindedness in your prior posts!    Well done.  Not easy to admit our flaws.  

• Like 2

Well , Stubby , I hunted the 1st two weeks last year in 8F & 8H when it was doe only . Never got a shot until the opening day of gun season and I took a doe . It was the only shot I had all season .

If I had an opportunity to fill my tags I would have . Does , bucks would be meat in the freezer . 

And , Stubby , if you are 5'10" , there must be another reason for the nick name ! Hmmmmmmm  . :taunt:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Well , Stubby , I hunted the 1st two weeks last year in 8F & 8H when it was doe only . Never got a shot until the opening day of gun season and I took a doe . It was the only shot I had all season .

If I had an opportunity to fill my tags I would have . Does , bucks would be meat in the freezer . 

And , Stubby , if you are 5'10" , there must be another reason for the nick name ! Hmmmmmmm  . :taunt:

Oh the shame of it all you you exposed my little secret.I am so embarrassed. Oh wait you didn't call me a bow hunter. I'm good.

Seriously you sound like bubba he tried the same insult. Can't you guys step up your game.

Funny how there never is a shot on a doe until a buck is killed.

Pretty sure everyone in my group killed a doe on the very first hunt of their bow season. One of whom you are losing the battle of whits to in this thread. I've shot does the last three opening days of bow myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moog5050 said:

No need to stubby, you have admitted your narrow mindedness in your prior posts!    Well done.  Not easy to admit our flaws.  

I have many faults as does everyone. I will admit to and own everyone of them.

I may be narrow minded on this but that does mean I will not admit I am wrong If you prove I am. Grow says dec told bow hunters to shoot does or they would put guns in bow season. Calling it black mail. Well they didn't shoot does and I haven't seen guns put in bow season. I have said I never saw where the dec used those words and asked her to show me that they did. She even posted the definition of black mail. Asking for prove is not narrow minded.  I was told that bows are ineffective for killing does and controlling deer populations. I brought up the fact that bow are very effective in other states and axked why they can't be in ny. I was able to show statements made saying people would not hunt if the couldn't shoot bucks. Even when I was told that bucks had nothing to do with the boycott.

All I ask for is prove that they are right and I am wrong. When it can not be proven I get the answer it is no use. Then I get ignored then they try to pick on me. I should except that I am wrong because someone says I am? I actually like being proven wrong. When that happens I learn something new. When I am worng and not proven as being wrong I continue to be wrong and do not learn.

Is it not more narrow minded to ignore or pick on someone you say is wrong .Then to prove to to them why they are wrong. If you can not prove someone wrong just admit it don't try to get around it.

25 minutes ago, phade said:

Pretty sure everyone in my group killed a doe on the very first hunt of their bow season. One of whom you are losing the battle of whits to in this thread. I've shot does the last three opening days of bow myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realy? what was the date oct 15 ? I didn't know this was a battle of anything. Last I knew this was a discussion. I was repeatedly told I was wrong. Pointed to facts that I was right then asked people to point to facts showing I was wrong. Must be those facts do not exist  because they turned into gradeschool kids with their I know you are but what am I attitudes. Funny how that happens to everyone who can not be proven wrong with facts. Lets prove them wrong by picking on them.

36 minutes ago, stubby68 said:

I have many faults as does everyone. I will admit to and own everyone of them.

I may be narrow minded on this but that does mean I will not admit I am wrong If you prove I am. Grow says dec told bow hunters to shoot does or they would put guns in bow season. Calling it black mail. Well they didn't shoot does and I haven't seen guns put in bow season. I have said I never saw where the dec used those words and asked her to show me that they did. She even posted the definition of black mail. Asking for prove is not narrow minded.  I was told that bows are ineffective for killing does and controlling deer populations. I brought up the fact that bow are very effective in other states and axked why they can't be in ny. I was able to show statements made saying people would not hunt if the couldn't shoot bucks. Even when I was told that bucks had nothing to do with the boycott.

All I ask for is prove that they are right and I am wrong. When it can not be proven I get the answer it is no use. Then I get ignored then they try to pick on me. I should except that I am wrong because someone says I am? I actually like being proven wrong. When that happens I learn something new. When I am worng and not proven as being wrong I continue to be wrong and do not learn.

Is it not more narrow minded to ignore or pick on someone you say is wrong .Then to prove to to them why they are wrong. If you can not prove someone wrong just admit it don't try to get around it.

30 seconds of google wrap that up quickly.

“Using DMPs has not been effective,” Hurst said, “and we tried Phase 2 (the antlerless-only portion of archery and in the late archery-muzzleloader season) with little success. So we’re moving on to the third phase.”

In addition to the September muzzleloader season in those WMUs (primarily in the Lake Ontario Plains region but also in a couple of southeastern New York units), other options in the discussion stage are a muzzleloader season “during one of our existing seasons,” Hurst said, alluding to the possibility of the smokepole-during-archery offering.

If an antlerless-only option within the archery and late muzzleloader seasons doesn’t give DEC the desired harvest in those units, the next step – outlined in the state’s Deer Management Plan – would be the implementation of a special antlerless-only muzzleloader season in select WMUs.

“If antlerless harvests continue to be insufficient, we must anticipate alternative strategies for increasing antlerless harvest in specific WMUs,” Hurst said in his pre-season report ahead of last year’s deer season.

As to the effectiveness of bow in other states - Ohio is arguably the prime example of that. Gee a season THAT STARTS in SEPTEMBER and goes to February of the following calendar year. And crossbow has more harvest than vertical bow in Ohio now. Plus, let's not forget how short and so sweet their gun season is. No wonder it is so effective in other states...duh. You seem to forget NY's 23 day gun season in the SZ is one of the longest in the country and the longest by far in the NE.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

For any weapon to be effective, you have to take the shot. If you don't, that's on you, not the DEC, not other hunters, all on you. I said all this is dissension, and was told it was "discussion". Maybe people don't really know the difference. There is dissension among the hunting community. "I want it my way!" ..... "No I want it my way!". That's not discussion. It's arguing ( dissension ).

Yet, no one has really proven anything. I said it last year, stop pitching a fit and hunt. Write your letters, send your emails, make your phone calls, do everything in you power to get DEC to make changes. To not buy your tags and not hunt is, in the old proverbial saying, "shooting yourself in the foot". That message won't work, and it's a little childish if you ask me. If you keep poking a bear, it will eventually turn on you. Consider the DEC an angry bear. Keep poking it. While doing so, just remember, hunting is a "privilege", not a "right". I am not saying kiss DEC's butt, but find a tactful way to get a point across. 

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 3

It says that antlerless only was tried and did not work so they had to move on to phase 3 which is muzzleloader antlerless season in september. And that a muzzy season in bow season has been discussed. It does say that last year bow hunters were told shoot does or dec will put guns in bow season. Show me where they said that before the antlerless 2 weeks were tried not after it didn't work. as this clearly says the antlerless was tried thenguns in bow season were brought after. clearly says guns in bow were discused after the fact.

7 minutes ago, stubby68 said:

It says that antlerless only was tried and did not work so they had to move on to phase 3 which is muzzleloader antlerless season in september. And that a muzzy season in bow season has been discussed. It does say that last year bow hunters were told shoot does or dec will put guns in bow season. Show me where they said that before the antlerless 2 weeks were tried not after it didn't work. as this clearly says the antlerless was tried thenguns in bow season were brought after. clearly says guns in bow were discused after the fact.

Quote 2 is a year before they enacted the antlerless season.........................

It is pretty clear you've been proven wrong - your refusal to admit it just furthers the image others here have noted about you.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

And, I'll just leave this here - a quote from someone with the org to me before this season right before the announcement went live....

bowhunters better be careful about squawking too loudly on this, however; the next step will likely be an early muzzleloader, which will see bowhunting literally go up in smoke....

"Prove me wrong.  I know what every person that hunts with a bow thinks and if They don't think as I claim, then they are insignificant."

Talk about absurd.    Nonetheless, phade made his point on your limited objective arguments.  And we did all kill doe in our first hunt last year and will likely do so again.  But then again, you know better right Stubby?

i truly give every person the benefit of the doubt but you have unfortunately removed all doubt at this point.   Good luck this gun season. 

• Like 2

Quote 2 does not say that a gun antlerless season would be put in bow season. It says that a special antlerless only muzzy season will be implemented. Where does it say that season would be during bow season. It does not even imply that it would be during bow season.

Did they say there would be an antlerless gun season? Yes Did they say it would be during bow season? Not before they tried the antlerless bow for 2 weeks. Then they said it might be not that is would.You might say I am splitting hairs but it was specifically stated that dec said shoot does or get guns in bow. So far I do not see where they said that. Just that ther would be a gun season.

I am in no way for ML to be put in the bow season! I have said that many times! NO! NO! NO!. Full inclusion for the crossbow? Yes! Yes! Yes!

Phades comment was close to what I said;

Write your letters, send your emails, make your phone calls, do everything in you power to get DEC to make changes. To not buy your tags and not hunt is, in the old proverbial saying, "shooting yourself in the foot". That message won't work, and it's a little childish if you ask me. If you keep poking a bear, it will eventually turn on you. Consider the DEC an angry bear. Keep poking it. While doing so, just remember, hunting is a "privilege", not a "right". I am not saying kiss DEC's butt, but find a tactful way to get a point across. 

Stop poking the bear before the bear bites back.