LOOONG Draw

DirtTime

OK< so here's the issue I am having. Draw length is way to long. As you can see. I'm way off on having a stable/everytime anchor point, and the string is hitting my chest. How the hell I managed to get good groups is beyond me. The string hitting my chest is a huge issue. Once I am in my hunting clothes the string will really be getting caught up. I am going to have the peep removed, and get a 1 pin sight, but don't see that helping much.

Looked around for the mods I need to shorten it up and no luck. Yeah I know, I dropped the right arm in the pic. 

Any advice on how to get dialed in with such a long draw? Over 3" past where I need to be.

longdraw.jpg

Bad start.......you're just going to hamstring your hunting/shooting using the wrong draw length mods.  I don't know what to tell you other than cut your losses now.

I believe you've said money is tight?  If so, watch for a smoking deal like the one TC dealt last week.  THAT was the deal of the year.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Bad start.......you're just going to hamstring your hunting/shooting using the wrong draw length mods.  I don't know what to tell you other than cut your losses now.

I believe you've said money is tight?  If so, watch for a smoking deal like the one TC dealt last week.  THAT was the deal of the year.

That's the thing. Jeremy K gave the bow to me, so I am doing my best to make it work out.

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Not sure about the draw length. But have to ask, what show are you watching?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rolleyes:

I have no idea what the g/f is watching. I am in my office/hunting room looking up ways to adjust to this and asking questions in here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ....rob said:

That's the thing. Jeremy K gave the bow to me, so I am doing my best to make it work out.

What is the bow and what do you need to shorten the DL?

Maybe somebody can scare up what you need.................talk to me Goose.

15 minutes ago, Bowguy 1 said:

To be honest it's miles too long. Id look for a new bow, no way to set back (back tension) or follow through release.  if money is tight trade for it. Bows are like shoes, they gotta fit. Now your grip is also way off. Your knuckles need to be at a 45 degree. 

image.jpg

I did just fine with how I had my hands. Though usually my right hand is loose. No rookie here.

https://huntingny.com/forums/topic/33946-almost-might-still-get-got-in-trouble/?page=4

13 minutes ago, Bowguy 1 said:

Another thing best not to ever draw a bow w no arrow, you can get hurt n the bow certainly will in a dry fire

I know that, but, also know enough and am very aware I was just fine holding the bow with no arrow for a pic.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I started a new topic in the classifieds on AT ,maybe we'll get lucky and track some down.

I appreciate that. Like I said, doing all I can to make the bow work out for me. I feel like a POS accepting the bow and it not fitting me.

3 minutes ago, ....rob said:

I appreciate that. Like I said, doing all I can to make the bow work out for me. I feel like a POS accepting the bow and it not fitting me.

No need to feel bad , I just wish we weren't running out of time so fast before the opener .

4 hours ago, ....rob said:

I did just fine with how I had my hands. Though usually my right hand is loose. No rookie here.

https://huntingny.com/forums/topic/33946-almost-might-still-get-got-in-trouble/?page=4

I know that, but, also know enough and am very aware I was just fine holding the bow with no arrow for a pic.

Rob don't get defensive, I'm an archery instructor n was stating things only to help. If you don't want the advice I apologize 

Edited by Bowguy 1
  • Like 1

your crippled with too long of a drawlength.  I wouldn't buy anything else for it unless it's draw length mods  even then you have to make sure they don't recommend a different string or cable length changing it that much.

here's an ebay link to a bow that can be adjusted for draw without extra parts that's so far cheap.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Bear-Attitude-Bow-60-70-LB-Complete-PKG-Right-Hand-Realtree-Camo-/201648159138?hash=item2ef32ab9a2:g:axoAAOSwRoxXnM~B  this or another bow on here from someone might be a good plan B.  don't try to make a long draw work.  it just won't.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, growalot said:

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer...Their contact #'s are on the web...

5 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Hey Rob, I fired off an email to alpine archery this morning to see if they had any insight on tracking some down.

I called them a few days ago and asked. They don't even have anything close anymore. Been keeping an eye on EBey for mods. 

• Like 1

Rob , are there any Alpine dealers near you ? If so , they may have some parts laying around the shop . Check it out . 

I am only 5'8" and was shooting with a 29" draw that I was sure was okay . I had to kind of distort my body to shoot . Got a bow with a 28" draw and what a difference . Good luck . 

• Like 1