Buffalo Bills

Steuben Jerry

27 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

I needed a sharp corner to bang my freakin forehead on this morning.....when they lose to Arizona at home next week Pegula better start making heads roll from the top down! Whaley...then Rex....need to be sent a message!

Agreed 100% on Rex. But I respectfully disagree on Whaley. I think he's been pretty masterful bringing in talent via trades, free agency, and the draft. Swing and a miss on Watkins, but I don't think it's Whaley's fault that Watkins seems to be made of balsawood. I remember the complacency all to well by the various GM's the Bills have had in the last decade, and Whaley at least has the cojones to make bold gambles.

Rex doesn't know what to do with talent when he has it, and his undisciplined style has bled down to his teams throughout his career. Poor clock management, poor game adjustments, and overall lack of control. I miss Wade Phillips. The last good coach they had.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Opinions on Marv Levy:

I think that team more or less ran itself. Marv didn't have to much to do with the success

Marv stumbled into a great situation. He was just another coach that was lucky to have the players he had.

I had hopes. We have the talent, solid on both sides of the ball. Well....Actually..... Watkins needs to stop being a baby!

Looking at the schedule I was thinking 9-7 for the season.

Original prediction was 9-7 and now ??
I thought the same , it's early but I think 6-10 may be a stretch now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I would have liked to see them move to Toronto and then they could call them the Canadian Dollar Bills.  At least the name would make sense and a short trip over the border would let the die-hard fans still see them a few times a season.   

Marv Levy had no "killer-instinct" and was/is a card-carrying PETA member.  That cost them at least one superbowl.  Had he capitalized on the Giant's weaknesses as Bill Parcells did on his, it would have been a different story on that first one.  A killer instinct is what gives one the ability to identify weakness in his opponent and capitalize on it.    Many hunters have it (the meat-hunters anyhow).    The biggest mistake the Bills made is letting Wade Phillips go.  Bum's kid is a much better coach than Buddy's.       

Edited by wolc123
spelling

21 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Report from ESPN that Greg Roman has been fired! Like I said heads need to roll....he his the highest paid oc in the league and his play calling flat out stinks.....Rex is deff shaking in his boots now....maybe 0-3 and Pegula cans both Ryans.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Next three games are going to be tough for the Bills to win. I see an 0 - 5 start.

I would have liked to see them move to Toronto and then they could call them the Canadian Dollar Bills.  At least the name would make sense and a short trip over the border would let the die-hard fans still see them a few times a season.   

Marv Levy had no "killer-instinct" and was/is a card-carrying PETA member.  That cost them at least one superbowl.  Had he capitalized on the Giant's weaknesses as Bill Parcells did on his, it would have been a different story on that first one.  A killer instinct is what gives one the ability to identify weakness in his opponent and capitalize on it.    Many hunters have it (the meat-hunters anyhow).    The biggest mistake the Bills made is letting Wade Phillips go.  Bum's kid is a much better coach than Buddy's.       

Couldn't we call them the Loonies?
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Original prediction was 9-7 and now ??
I thought the same , it's early but I think 6-10 may be a stretch now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking like maybe, 5-11. Who knows, they might shock everyone, but not likely. At this point I would be happy with a .500 finish.