burmjohn

LIVE from the woods 2016 Edition! - 7th Year, lets make this happen...

Gone Fishin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

11 hours ago, PREDATE said:

Apparently my sarcasm was too subtle, hope this clears that up.
Yeah not really.
So asking a question is now violating "thread rules"? Especially when I read posts about sitting on planes, wearing shorts, live from the couch/office, etc.

• Like 1

Staring out into the backyard woods. Doe slowly moving along browsing (probably acorns). Two or three. Couldn't see all that well through the hedges.

61 degrees, light wind out of the WNW. Humid.

4L - Taborton Mtn.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Absolutely dead out here... Thought after that front moved in last night and cooled things off and rained, they would have been moving this morning.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Wease

Still to warm for me. Going to hold off on hunting my property here until Monday. Next week is looking to be much better weather wise.

I am going to be headed up my buddy's camp in northern zone Saturday after work to go walk around with the rifles Sunday. Deer or no deer it will be a good time.

• Like 5

I'll be hitting the woods this weekend around my home then the weekend of Halloween I'll be in the woods at my parent's property. The deer should be ramping up for the rut at that point at least I'm hoping.

Edited by chas0218

Just got out heard some commotion this morning but nothing wandered thru. Thought I heard some yotes up hill when I pulled in maybe they got them moving early....another beautiful WNY fall morning tho

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Still to warm for me. Going to hold off on hunting my property here until Monday. Next week is looking to be much better weather wise.

I am going to be headed up my buddy's camp in northern zone Saturday after work to go walk around with the rifles Sunday. Deer or no deer it will be a good time.

Heck yea good luck was up there for early bear doing the same thing just fun to get away and do something different

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just took a walk up to the little food plot. Doesn't seem to be any activity there, but jumped a few bedded doe (probably same ones from earlier) about 60 yards away when they caught my scent downwind.

The mature doe blew out, and flagged her way across the street.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

It was a quiet walk in and very very bright...I think I have deer bedded in the hemp plot and they were moving off quietly as I approached the road. I had a mouse visit me in the blind for a bit...squirrel climb the mulberry cam tree and crows drive me near mad with their racket...NOTHING else. I'm thinking I need to say I'm only deer hunting to have the turkeys show back up:mda:Still not a bad sit..That blind could be a great rifle spot. Should have thought to put a enclosed blind there years ago....

It sprinkled a few times at day break and the temps are much cooler...The rain last night kept the cams quiet but there were still some activity,no bucks. Perhaps this will be a no buck year for me...The next several days of rain isn't helping my out look at all....Though admittedly...I haven't hunted nearly as much as I normally do,between weather and The whole stomach thing. I'm also super surprised that they have not touched the turnips...and we've had several frosts...though they have been chewing and stomping on the pumpkins and the weeds and hemp protected the beans in that plot....The clovers and the wht. tail institute chicory plus are getting mowed to the ground.

• Like 1

The Kindle just doesn't work right and   I have decided not to feed the bullies and distracters...it's call the ignore feature. They only have power when fed.

7 minutes ago, enewhere said:

So it's here. 4r. Got to the stand 2 hrs ago. Lots of activity on camera. I'll be hunting next 3 days.bce22d380ad5bc42e0847cad8c01947e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good luck and welcome aboard with your first post .   (If you're posting pics from IPhone pics will come out normal if you take pic sideways and then post ) That is unless you really are hunting one steep side of a hill.

• Like 2

Out in 7R today. This morning was uneventful with no deer seen. Hoping to get one coming down to the corn this afternoon. Good luck to everyone out today.

Up in stand now, it's 67f and very light breeze in 9a, hope i see something besides squirrels1 good luck anyone thats out this afternoon.

1019161508.jpg

13 minutes ago, greg54 said:

Up in stand now, it's 67f and very light breeze in 9a, hope i see something besides squirrels1 good luck anyone thats out this afternoon.

1019161508.jpg

you hunting with enewhere?

• Like 1

I'm headed out in a bit, 68 out does not thrill me but with what looks like 3 days of rain coming I need to get out!!

Anyone planning on going out in the monsoon tomorrow?

All misspellings courtesy of iPhone