Brush with Fame -- Kinda

moog5050

One night, around 11:00 p.m. in the Albany airport, while waiting for the lady's flight to arrive, Ray Liotta walked by me in a light windbreaker, the collar popped up.  He stared me down and blew right by.  His look said, "don't you dare say an f*&$%ing thing."

He was in town for "A Place Beyond the Pines."

20 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Sitting at a restaurant in JFK airports and I start talking to the guy in the next table.  Nice guy and I recognized him but couldn't place who he was.  A few people come up and ask for a photograph with him.  I didn't want to insult his famousness so I didn't ask him his name.  After he left, the couple in the table next to me advise me that it was Robert Davi.   Again, didn't know exactly who he was by name, but I guess he is a quasi known actor.  

Dressed a bit unusual with a fedora, dress shirt with cufflinks, sweatshirt with shorts and sneaks.

anyway, that was my brush with fame, kinda

Didn;'t know the name but recognize instantly from pics. Honestly, if I saw him in person I'm not sure I'd make the connection. Get used to seeing people on tv it's almost like they aren't real.

One night, around 11:00 p.m. in the Albany airport, while waiting for the lady's flight to arrive, Ray Liotta walked by me in a light windbreaker, the collar popped up.  He stared me down and blew right by.  His look said, "don't you dare say an f*&$%ing thing."

He was in town for "A Place Beyond the Pines."

I'd have yelled "GO GET YOUR EFFING SHINEBOX!" at the top of my lungs. No way you should let that rat bigtime you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I got Johnny Unitas autograph - met him on a school trip to the Baltimore Aquarium.

Reggie Jackson and Tim Stoddard played in a basketball game vs, the school faculty.  Of course the Orioles beat the school staff.  But it was a fun game to watch.

Back in college, I did perform at Veterans' stadium and hung out in the Phillies dug out - It was quite cold out during the Eagles game sitting on the side line.  We performed the half-time show.  Never met any of the players, as we were restrict to a small portion of the sidelines.

My grandmother went to school with Robert Mitchum - in a one-room schoolhouse.

Many years ago, my dad got up in a restaurant and walked right into (and I mean physically collided with) the biggest guy in wrestling - Andre the Giant.  He told me Andre was a very nice guy in person.

3 hours ago, Elmo said:

That would be Vanishing Son?  Vanishing Son is Russell Wong and not Brandon Lee.  Brandon had already passed by that time.

Yeah - couldn't remember the guys in the film. All anyone cared about was the girl, duh. LOL. I was maybe 12 or 13 at the time.

OK, I'll play....this is me with Jeff Gordon in Dover in 2010...at the time he was my favorite driver and I only had a few minutes to walk and talk with him.  I asked him about the picture of him and the elk that he killed that was on the Realtree hauler.  He said that he got it while hunting with his step dad.  I never knew that he hunted.

IMG_3683.JPG

IMG_3724.JPG

I meet a few celebrities :

Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts, Mick Taylor ( Rolling Stones) ,Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin) Micky Dolenz (The Monkees) , Chevy Chase , Lauren Hutton , Jon Matlack (NY Mets) , Patti Hansen , Steven Van Zandt , Pete Townshend (The Who ). There's a few more I can't think of.

On ‎09‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 6:09 PM, Water Rat said:

I meet a few celebrities :

Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts, Mick Taylor ( Rolling Stones) ,Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin) Micky Dolenz (The Monkees) , Chevy Chase , Lauren Hutton , Jon Matlack (NY Mets) , Patti Hansen , Steven Van Zandt , Pete Townshend (The Who ). There's a few more I can't think of.

Nice list !!!

A friend was on a dall sheep hunt in the Yukon this August. He and others were waiting at the float plane base dock. Jim Shockey arrived for a flight and couldn't even respond to my friends "hello". He stood alone with his back facing everyone without acknowledging them. I'll never watch his show again.