I Took A Tumble

grampy

Dr.s appointment at 11:30. Another X-Ray or MRI scheduled. Hoping for good news.

I've talked to a couple members, by PM and phone. And I said that I'm humbled and very grateful for the amount of support and well wishes, I've received from people here. You guy's and gals, have lifted my spirits more than I can say. Thank you, to each and every one of you.

• Like 8

On 10/3/2016 at 8:42 PM, Lawdwaz said:

Hang on , I'll be right back...................

OK, I'm back.  Glad you're doing OK Grampy, things happen and I'd say you got out of that one pretty easy!  Makes you wonder how we did it without cell phones. :)

One thing that everybody could/should carry is a whistle.  Although mine is attached to my safety harness, it's always there just 5-6" from my mouth.  It's a Fox 40 Mini and it'll blow your mind how loud it is.  No pea to rattle around either........

image_zpsjhlmhrx1.jpeg

Thanks. Lawdwaz. Amazon has them for $4.00 I'm buying a few and to give them to my friends and family who hunt. I think I can afford it, hopefully will never need it but....

• Like 3

Great news! MRI showed fracture is still "good" . Main problem is the swelling is causing nerve pain, in the fracture area? Changed anti inflammatory, and may take up to 3 or 4 weeks to be pain free. No lifting and have to wear the brace for that time frame. But in the meen time, heres the good part.......I can HUNT!!! As long as I don't over do it, stay out of trees, keep to fairly level ground and use extra padding in blind seats. Doc said to let my body tell me when enough is enough. And low impact activity, will actually help me feel better! I'm certain that all the good vibes, sent my way have helped! I'm so lucky! And so thankful! If I get a deer this year, I'm dedicating it to all of you! 

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, grampy said:

Great news! MRI showed fracture is still "good" . Main problem is the swelling is causing nerve pain, in the fracture area? Changed anti inflammatory, and may take up to 3 or 4 weeks to be pain free. No lifting and have to wear the brace for that time frame. But in the meen time, heres the good part.......I can HUNT!!! As long as I don't over do it, stay out of trees, keep to fairly level ground and use extra padding in blind seats. Doc said to let my body tell me when enough is enough. And low impact activity, will actually help me feel better! I'm certain that all the good vibes, sent my way have helped! I'm so lucky! And so thankful! If I get a deer this year, I'm dedicating it to all of you! 

I'm not far from you Grampy !  Would be glad to set you on post somewhere on 4B and push to you ! I have a couple 4B DMP's to fill before this coming season ends !

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

I'm not far from you Grampy !  Would be glad to set you on post somewhere on 4B and push to you ! I have a couple 4B DMP's to fill before this coming season ends !

Thanks! What a great offer! I got some land in 4H with a DMP. Not sure when I'll be shooting ny bow. But hoping to get my grandson out there. Best of luck to you this season! And keep safe!

2 hours ago, grampy said:

Will try to glue the quiver mount on my bow. Not sure if I feel up to shooting yet, to see if it's out of whack. But even if I can't shoot for a little while..........my grandson can!

That's having a positive attitude grampy! I would give this all my likes for the day if I could!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Big Indian said:

Thanks. Lawdwaz. Amazon has them for $4.00 I'm buying a few and to give them to my friends and family who hunt. I think I can afford it, hopefully will never need it but....

Great.......They're so loud you will not believe it.

I'm going to look into grabbing some more for family.  They would be a nice addition to a key chain.:wink:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Great.......They're so loud you will not believe it.

I'm going to look into grabbing some more for family.  They would be a nice addition to a key chain.:wink:

Ordering three today. One each for my grandson, best friend and myself. Excellent idea, cause as I now know, spit happens out there. Even if you are not careless. Even if you have hunted a long time or a short time. Never take it for granted that nothing will happen to YOU. It can! So PLEASE!, everyone, take the time to do at least ONE more thing to keep yourselves safe, while hunting this year. You could, at the very least save yourself some pain. And the ones who care for you the most, will thank you.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paula said:

I couldn't get past the shipping cost  :-/

What is a little money compared to your well being Paula. I would hate to see anything happen to you!  You're one of my favorite people here!!! How bout if I order an extra one and send it to you?

Only able to find them for $5-5.50 shipped from amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/6/2016 at 0:24 PM, shawnhu said:

Only able to find them for $5-5.50 shipped from amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On eBay I found a 6 pack of Fox40 Micro Marine whistles for $24.95 plus $5.00 shipping.

Ends up at $5/each..........not really a bad idea for a key chain rape whistle for family & friends.   Merry Christmas..............