What happened to the Xbow inclusion thread?

Steuben Jerry

so this thread is stuck in the mud a little....

anyway thought I'd share.  cut my bow hand this past weekend.  seems I'm done until it heals which is probably going to be right through until gun season.  IF I owned a crossbow I'd still be able to go out hunting.  really does suck as I consider the best hunting coming up.  another reason a normally perfectly able hunter can stay in the woods.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LJC said:

Bahahaha ok there Hilary lol no special interest in government decisions  

You really are naive lol 

Im naive? Youre the one spouting all kinds of things that you have no proof of. It sounds like most of it youve "here"d from other people you were talking to. You buy inot it just because it fits the mold of your preconceived notions instead of what the facts really are.

6 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

anyway thought I'd share.  cut my bow hand this past weekend.  seems I'm done until it heals which is probably going to be right through until gun season.  IF I owned a crossbow I'd still be able to go out hunting.  really does suck as I consider the best hunting coming up.  another reason a normally perfectly able hunter can stay in the woods.

Heal up quick, feel better soon and get back out there. Crossbow starts this Saturday! I may hunt with my crossbow. Or I may continue to hunt with my compound. Nice to have a choice!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

were the 2014 and 2015 crossbow regulations the same each year? how are you factoring in the large areas of the state that were impacted by the  antlerless  only for the first tow weeks last year? And ML went down by 4,000 from 2014 to 2015 so do you know that it wasn't the ML's hunters that took up the crossbow?

NY didn't specify crossbow by WMU it was whole seasons only. The seasons last I knew were the same both years. It didn't specify antler or antlerless, you could assume it was the muzzleloaders but also the bow total went up ~ 2000 so that could mean the people that generally ML hunt got deer in bow season. My guess for the lower ML take was because of the doe only areas. I know that was why I and many others in my area didn't ML hunt. I'm usually one of those that buy a license and take at least 1 deer. It could have also been from the lack of deer sightings.

Edited by chas0218

advantages of a crossbow are readily apparent I'd think by now.  any advantage isn't something so ridiculous that it can't be compared to other differences in implements NY has now.  accuracy is probably the biggest gripe.  in a real world hunting situation versus backyard bench rest shooting there's not much difference.  bows are accurate.  Indian's are not.

6 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Honestly at this point I'm surprised this thread isn't deleted yet, it is going nowhere. Obviously no one is changing their minds just people needing to get the last word. If not delete it lock it.

I'm not a mod but I see no reason to delete it unless people get really nasty and are just attacking each other.  this seems to be just disagreement.  this thread has happened so many times I don't think any intent is to sway anyone.  just people trying to send home their point of view.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

I'm not a mod but I see no reason to delete it unless people get really nasty and are just attacking each other.  this seems to be just disagreement.  this thread has happened so many times I don't think any intent is to sway anyone.  just people trying to send home their point of view.

Or to rehash for new members or those new to hunting. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

I think in the 14 pages of the same argument and same information it is getting a little old. We are just beating a dead horse at this point. I agree maybe not delete maybe just lock it so if someone searches they will see.

Edited by chas0218

1 hour ago, chas0218 said:

I think in the 14 pages of the same argument and same information it is getting a little old. We are just beating a dead horse at this point. I agree maybe not delete maybe just lock it so if someone searches they will see.

Noone is forcing you to read it, just like noone will force you to use a crossbow when full inclusion happens. Its your choice. Exactly the way it should be.

27 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Finally, youre right about something.

Crossbows in archery season thread has been brought to you today by ten point crossbow 

Excalibur crossbows lol

please  continue  with your infomercial lol 

Yea actually I do get it .

You can't shoot a compound bow or a recurve bow , at least not good enough to hunt with one with confidence. So you want something better 

Edited by LJC

I just gave away my 10 year old excal away last week or I would have sent it to you to use. The old girl was loud but she took a bunch of little southern deer. The young fella I have it to will hopefully keep her killing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Im naive? Youre the one spouting all kinds of things that you have no proof of. It sounds like most of it youve "here"d from other people you were talking to. You buy inot it just because it fits the mold of your preconceived notions instead of what the facts really are.

What am I spotting off about ?  xbow is just  better easier way to hunt deer then a bow it just is if it wasn't we would not be here having this conversation. 

The way I look at it, we currently have historically low hunter participation numbers...why would we shut down a channel to bring in more hunters. I'm pretty sure we all started it at gun hunters and then decided to try a bow. Crossbow can do the same...eventually people will want to add more of a challenge and switch to a vertical bow. I think at this point we are losing more than gaining. I'll never touch a crossbow if I can draw a bow, but I'm having a hard time telling someone they can't use a crossbow because I feel it's too easy.

28 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I just gave away my 10 year old excal away last week or I would have sent it to you to use. The old girl was loud but she took a bunch of little southern deer. The young fella I have it to will hopefully keep her killing.

stand up guy kind of offer.  keep the young fella in the game though.  i'll be alright.  I've got meat in the freezer already from the compound this year.  also if I really feel I need a crossbow I have the means to get one whether I buy it or borrow one from a friend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

What am I spotting off about ?  xbow is just  better easier way to hunt deer then a bow it just is if it wasn't we would not be here having this conversation. 

38 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

The way I look at it, we currently have historically low hunter participation numbers...why would we shut down a channel to bring in more hunters. I'm pretty sure we all started it at gun hunters and then decided to try a bow. Crossbow can do the same...eventually people will want to add more of a challenge and switch to a vertical bow. I think at this point we are losing more than gaining. I'll never touch a crossbow if I can draw a bow, but I'm having a hard time telling someone they can't use a crossbow because I feel it's too easy.

Yea this is true but they don't need all of archery season to get more people into hunting 

3 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

Sorry to hear that dbHunterNY, hope it heals up fast.

As for this thread, I still say there are no facts about it being as bad as so many think it will be. It's opinionated fear. I asked a question in the other thread:

If you hunt private land, why would full inclusion impact your area?

This subject is getting as old and stale as the Clintons lies. Just sayin'.