Props to Papist

92onCaliHollow

Like most of you on here, I too was hooked on the Papist saga that was going on for a lot of this week. And of course was rooting for him, and not the deer.

I know we are all feeling it but I wanted to take the time to actually write about how PROUD I am to be associated with a hunter like him, even if it is only an association by being on the same forum. I have been around hunting my entire life and can tell you all with the utmost certainty that almost all of the hunters I know would've tried as hard as he did, but would've given up well before he did. He was upset, heartbroken, and disappointed, which we could all tell by reading his posts. I do not know him personally, but you can tell what kind of hunter this man really is just by reading his words. As entertaining as they were for the rest of us, this had to have been very trying for him.

It was a truly sad and horrible ending for him, finding the deer that was spoiled. Like him, I too am a meat hunter since you cant eat the antlers, those are always a huge plus to me. Like many have said on here before, any deer taken with a bow is a trophy. This deer from the looks of the pics, would have many of us proud to have mounted and hanging on the wall and was a true trophy in many aspects. The only good that came from this is that not only did you teach ALL of us a lesson on NEVER giving up, but at least you will have the Euro to gather around with your friends and be able to tell ONE HELL OF A STORY!!

As much as this posts sounds like a huge ass kissing to him, I assure it is not. Like I said, just makes me proud to be a hunter and he is a true ambassador to the sport, so Papist, whomever you may be in the real world, here's to ya....THANK YOU for making all of us proud.  Beers on mebeer-blue-sky.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.j

Edited by 92onCaliHollow
typo
  • Like 15

If there's one thing we learned about Papist from day one, it's that he's persistant and determined on many topics and doesn't give up easily.

Got to applaud him for carrying  those attributes over into his recovery efforts while deer hunting. Good job Paps!

• Like 2

Your true colors shine through Papist!  Way to stick with it!  Your determination and steadfast drive to keep going after this one lost deer is a true show of sportsmanship and perseverance!  

You are Da Man!  Congrats on a really nice buck!

• Like 1

Papist, I agree with everything written here. I lost a deer a couple of years ago and felt like I did all I could. Called Deer search and wasn't able to get anyone to come with me. Had 8 friends grid search our whole lease etc. Your story had me thinking there must have been more I could do. Congrats to you hunting brother...

• Like 1

Papist, everyone can learn from your shear determination to find this deer. I am so glad you found him after all of your effort and even though there will be no meat to enjoy you recovered the rack of this beautiful animal and will have a great story to go along with it to tell until the end of time. You not only made us hunters proud but you gave that animal justice as well. Congratulations are indeed in order!