I'm going to buy more orange today.

Rockspek

21 hours ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

The chances of getting shot are there every time one ventures out hunting. I don't know the percentages, but it's there. Wearing hunter orange can only lower the percentage; that again, I don't know. how much, but surely the percentage lower significantly.

With the shootings and deaths across the state this hunting season; lower that percentage for yourself, wear orange!

In some states it lowered it up to 80%

Besides that you want to know where other hunters are so you can put yourself in the best possible place to see a deer . If some clown is in full camo and decides to be in the Direction  you are hunting in . He is going to spook the deer way be for  you ever see it  besides the fact you may shoot him by mistake .

One time i was hunting in a funnal on public land exspecting deer to show up and then I relized there was i jerk in full camo a little over 150  yards from me in full camo right in the direction i was hunting   the trail the  deer would come out of  I  only saw him when he started shooting at a deer in front of him and he  started walking to see if he got it im assuming the guy was there the whole time so basically I wasted  my time for nothing so annoying .

3 hours ago, Deerstalker said:

In some states it lowered it up to 80%

Besides that you want to know where other hunters are so you can put yourself in the best possible place to see a deer . If some clown is in full camo and decides to be in the Direction  you are hunting in . He is going to spook the deer way be for  you ever see it  besides the fact you may shoot him by mistake .

One time i was hunting in a funnal on public land exspecting deer to show up and then I relized there was i jerk in full camo a little over 150  yards from me in full camo right in the direction i was hunting   the trail the  deer would come out of  I  only saw him when he started shooting at a deer in front of him and he  started walking to see if he got it im assuming the guy was there the whole time so basically I wasted  my time for nothing so annoying .

I've just worn a bright orange hat the first time I went out but am having a bright orange vest expedited before I go out this weekend. 

Modern tech has to have some kind of answer for this dilemma no?

Like a light beacon or something that humans can clearly see but deer would be oblivious to.

1 hour ago, uberyan said:

I've just worn a bright orange hat the first time I went out but am having a bright orange vest expedited before I go out this weekend. 

Modern tech has to have some kind of answer for this dilemma no?

Like a light beacon or something that humans can clearly see but deer would be oblivious 

Even just a orange hat sticks out well  but more is better 

Deer dont see color like we do .

Edited by Deerstalker

22 hours ago, Uptown Redneck said:

You should be facing felony criminal charges for shooting towards another person. Talk about being a moron. 

your an idiot  people stand closer to the front of guns on a range . get a grip dude cant you think in three dimensions. Let me irritate this  to you  in a language that may help you ... the guy was more than half o foot ball field to my left, and about as far in front of me as your television  is in front of your couch. i hope that helps.

14 hours ago, Deerstalker said:

That was definitely a bad idea to do that.

@ Deerstalker even if it was a bad idea ,the outcome was a smashing success. look just because i have the balls to do what i did and in a safe manner .i think i was just ,after a verbal warning the guy just stood there .guess he didnt hear me in that quiet field.

7 hours ago, vizslas said:

your an idiot  people stand closer to the front of guns on a range . get a grip dude cant you think in three dimensions. Let me irritate this  to you  in a language that may help you ... the guy was more than half o foot ball field to my left, and about as far in front of me as your television  is in front of your couch. i hope that helps.

@ Deerstalker even if it was a bad idea ,the outcome was a smashing success. look just because i have the balls to do what i did and in a safe manner .i think i was just ,after a verbal warning the guy just stood there .guess he didnt hear me in that quiet field.

You could have started a gun fight over trespassing not worth it  ,  i dont know if the guy saw you shooting at his dirction or not but if he did legally he could have shot back at you and claimed  self defense .

Just something to think about next time that happens . If you want to us your gun as a  alarm next time i suggest shooting at the ground away from anyone   so they dont get the wrong idea .

Once again i dont know what  exactly happened im  not  judging you.  But usually firing a gun near someone is a bad idea . 

Edited by Deerstalker
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, vizslas said:

Know matter how you try to justify your moronic actions, shooting a gun deliberately in the vicinity of another person can never be excused. You are simply an idiot. And as I earlier stated you should be criminally charged for what you did.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Know matter how you try to justify your moronic actions, shooting a gun deliberately in the vicinity of another person can never be excused. You are simply an idiot. And as I earlier stated you should be criminally charged for what you did.   

I would not nor ever try to justify anything that I do .For everything that I do has a more than reasonably acceptable outcome. I would think that you have never walked a field with a group of guys on a bird hunt. They all carry guns, or have ever pushed a section of woods with said group of guys  and again all gun toting and ready to shoot. Maybe you should stay uptown with all the one minded 4wheel drive shiny pickup driving rednecks so you don't  get shot in the field .

15 hours ago, vizslas said:

I would not nor ever try to justify anything that I do .For everything that I do has a more than reasonably acceptable outcome. I would think that you have never walked a field with a group of guys on a bird hunt. They all carry guns, or have ever pushed a section of woods with said group of guys  and again all gun toting and ready to shoot. Maybe you should stay uptown with all the one minded 4wheel drive shiny pickup driving rednecks so you don't  get shot in the field .

There's a huge difference between walking with some carrying a gun and deliberately shooting towards somebody. Again you are simply an idiot. What would be truly ironic is if the person you intentionally shot at hired himself a creative attorney and sued you forcing you to sell the land that you feel so strongly about that you defend at gunpoint.     

On November 29, 2016 at 8:03 AM, vizslas said:

if i was going to hunt with idiots on state land , andI wont. i would wear some orange. but i hunt mostly private land so as i sat in my blind i could clearly see the guy walk onto my private land ...he was wearing orange so i yelled at him from my blind i dont think he saw me but he heard the shot i sent across his bow. boy did he understand the English that was on the sign he was standing next to. without respect for me i will not have any for you.next time poacher its going to be the sheriff that needs to sort it out.Things haven't changed just the times we live in so the guy was not in front of the gun  but he got the full jist of the muzzle blast

Easily a charge of menacing , perhaps reckless endangerment . Those are generally the charges in these situations , firing into,the ground, In another's general direction ( across his bow ) . Just showing a gun to allude to using it .

Yes call the Sheriff, but if you tell them you " fired one across his bow ." Don't me surprised when you'er the one walking out in cuffs.

I love it when morons call the cops on themselves !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Uptown Redneck said:

There's a huge difference between walking with some carrying a gun and deliberately shooting towards somebody. Again you are simply an idiot. What would be truly ironic is if the person you intentionally shot at hired himself a creative attorney and sued you forcing you to sell the land that you feel so strongly about that you defend at gunpoint.     

dude your a blithering idiot. what part of I didnt shoot at him. is there something I am missing here or are you just as confused as hell.

18 minutes ago, vizslas said:

dude your a blithering idiot. what part of I didnt shoot at him. is there something I am missing here or are you just as confused as hell.

Yea but did the guy know that ? He could have easily freaked out and shot back and claimed he feared  for his life and shot you in self defence and since you were  armed and shot first he  would have gotten off and you could be dead right now  .

Next time i  would try not using your gun and juat tell the guy f off my property before I call the cops  its that simple .

You cant say things  like I will kill or shoot you to people or shoot a gun next to them   . They can press  charges against you. 

• Like 1

You don't have to " shoot at him " , just tying to,intimidate by use of a gun , or in your own words , " firing across his bow " will lead to,charges .

wow , please consider not owning guns or perhaps anger management , I'd go,with both ......

You make us all look bad . 

• Like 3

look first of all you guys took "across his bow ' way to literally . First of all verbal warning did nothing, second , nor did the posted sign that he was next to. the guy lives around the corner and trespasses at will, cuts trees that dont belong to him. Nothing illegal about me deer hunting there. He wants to hunt the land and is to lazy to walk over or drive the two minutes. This fella does not give a rats ass about what he does. so there was an exclamation point put out into the middle of the damn field and no where near or pointed at this guy . i am floored that you flippen righteous preachers cant read a post and put it into perspective do i really need to draw a picture. i am going to say this one more time the guy was 60 yards to my left and ten to fifteen yards in front of me. The deer i shot at was directly north..in the front of me... I was facing North and this guy was to the west so if I shot North how can you  or anyone say it was a dangerous thing to do. now if this guy started to shoot at me then we would have had a different situation on our hands. which could have gotten real ugly real fast. and since the bullet would have had to come out of the muzzle for 30 feet and take a 90 degree turn hard left to hit someone.I say lets test it. i will stand there with a dam bulls eye on my chest. Pick your shooter.

@Deerstalker  where do you come off with those statments like i will kill you or shoot you. Come on back to the thread ,nobody said anything like that. First of all like any intelligent human being i am not going to tell you that i am going to shoot you , or kill you. why give your  opponent your game plan thats foolish at best... hahaha just kidding  but seriously nothing was said like that  come on back to reality and stop making things up that are not true . its almost like you are spreading rumors andf falsehoods just to juice up the post ... Thats kind pathetic.Almost  Democratic hahahahahahaaaaaa

7 hours ago, vizslas said:

Come on back to the thread 

I started this thread to shed some light on the importance of wearing orange and being visible.  People are getting killed in the woods right now.   This is not something to argue about.  Let's be as safe as we can out there

• Like 1

On 12/2/2016 at 9:50 AM, Elmo said:

I ordered a orange flap for my backpack.  Realized that while I'm wearing an orange vest, my backpack covers it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016HV7954/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Several years ago I bought a couple yards of blaze orange fabric and just cut it into whatever sizes and shapes I needed. Most of it went to hankie-sized pieces that I stuff in my pockets where they can be quickly reached. I've used them to alert people to my whereabouts while bowhunting, varmint hunting, duck hunting, hiking with the camera, and doing chores in my own back yard. Along with an old film canister full of safety pins it's simple and inexpensive. I don't worry so much about being shot at, but I do worry about being in the line of fire and being shot toward.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, josephmrtn said:

I only wear orange when I'm walking, I don't want people seeing me when I'm set up

Then again I hunt only private land

Who cares if someone sees you while you're set up ? I only hunt private land and threw off 2 trespassers opening day. Just because you think you are alone out there doesn't mean you are 

• Like 1