2nd rut

TreeGuy

Hunting 9f this evening and saw some serious chasing. It was literally a buck parade. I know I saw 3 if not 4 different bucks chasing a doe. All 1.5 yr olds. I'll be hunting that same stand as much as possible the next couple days. Once she goes hot I hope the big boys come find her.

I've been watching the does pile out in the cut corn everynight. And every night small bucks have been tagging along. Seems it could get good by me in the next few days.

What is everybody else seeing ?

All I hunt with is a muzzleloadet,oh,and a bow. 

I have a question,don't want to de-rail this thread,but I found some day old red stains in the snow,almost looked like I was trailing an injured deer. Some real heavy spots and then just drops here and there. Could that be a doe in heat? I eventually lost the trail amongst other tracks.

8 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

All I hunt with is a muzzleloadet,oh,and a bow. 

I have a question,don't want to de-rail this thread,but I found some day old red stains in the snow,almost looked like I was trailing an injured deer. Some real heavy spots and then just drops here and there. Could that be a doe in heat? I eventually lost the trail amongst other tracks.

that could definatley be a doe in heat I have seen the spots like that  . A little urine and some blood . I thought it would be a great place to stand and boy was i right. a buck came sniffing right along her trail.... Go get em

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, vizslas said:

that could definatley be a doe in heat I have seen the spots like that  . A little urine and some blood . I thought it would be a great place to stand and boy was i right. a buck came sniffing right along her trail.... Go get em

Well that explains the "injured" deer I was tracking a couple weeks back. I figured somebody had hit it because there was definitely some spotting. 

Went out to my hunting spot yesterday and witnessed a large racked buck following after a doe.  She really wasn't into it as she took off running as he was trotting after her. Monday pm hunt I saw a lot of buck movement, one slammer, one six, one spike and two doe. Gonna get out for an all day sit Friday.