Pistol Recertification

nyantler

13 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Yup, The worse part is now all the guns will be documented electronically so when/if you are pulled over your guns and corresponding info will come up and could give them a reason to search your vehicle if within the limits of NYC. I would rather overwhelm the system and do it Jan 17th 2018, and hope their system crashes and looses everything putting back at square 1.

They will never get that through as "just cause". One reason why this Presidential election was so important. That one or more SCOTUS seat (s) are needed to reign some of this crap in. 

Personally, while there is support, the house and Senate and holding the White House, it seems like a PERFECT time to start the process to rewrite the 2nd amendment and clearly define it. As long as they are at it I would take a run at the 14th amendment as well and clarify the anchor baby issue.  

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

They will never get that through as "just cause". One reason why this Presidential election was so important. That one or more SCOTUS seat (s) are needed to reign some of this crap in. 

Question, Can trump sign a fed law that fixes/supersedes the SAFE Act?

7 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Question, Can trump sign a fed law that fixes/supersedes the SAFE Act?

Let me answer that with another topic. It is still a federal crime to possess marijuana. That didn't stop the states from legalizing it with a law. I believe the best bet is to stack the court and mount a challenge.  

8 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Mine was issued in 2014 so I do not need to do any of this if I am reading it correct.?.

Correct, 5 years after issue date. Mine was issued in 2008 so I have to re-cert. 2013 was the cut off year when the SAFE Act was enacted.

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I just got my renewal form in the mail. Sent my $10 check in and that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no fee... and they aren't sending out renewal forms so I'd check to make sure somebody isn't scamming you. You have to request a form from the website if you don't recertify online. No form of notification will be sent by the state to individuals.

28 minutes ago, RobC said:

How many did or are going to opt out of having their pistol permit on public records? Are permits now publicly accessed? 

I will be one. If they are giving me the opportunity I am going to take it. But, I am not naïve enough to believe the info still might not be there for all to see.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, nyantler said:

There is no fee... and they aren't sending out renewal forms so I'd check to make sure somebody isn't scamming you. You have to request a form from the website if you don't recertify online. No form of notification will be sent by the state to individuals.

From what I understand you are correct on this round. I heard that those that got their permit AFTER the 2013 date will get an reminder letter a month or two before their 5 year date is up. 

8 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

From what I understand you are correct on this round. I heard that those that got their permit AFTER the 2013 date will get an reminder letter a month or two before their 5 year date is up. 

I have a feeling that many older permit holder may not be attentive enough to realize they need to recertify and will have their permits revoked. I think we all know that is what this is about... it's a tricky gun grab scheme for those that don't pay attention.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chas0218 said:

Yup, The worse part is now all the guns will be documented electronically so when/if you are pulled over your guns and corresponding info will come up and could give them a reason to search your vehicle if within the limits of NYC. I would rather overwhelm the system and do it Jan 17th 2018, and hope their system crashes and looses everything putting back at square 1.

The deadline is Jan 31 2018

7 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

It's already in place. How does it matter now or later in the big scheme of things? How does it screw them ? State knows who has what already.

what would happen to their efforts if everyone of us sent them in on January 30th 2018? They would get through it but it would be a PITA for them. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:
what would happen to their efforts if everyone of us sent them in on January 30th 2018? They would get through it but it would be a PITA for them. 

They'd have to pay state employees overtime to get it done and we'll pay next time around lol
See your point but sadly what we do doesn't matter in the end. They have us by the  ballz or female pistol packing , the vee gee gee 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 3

just to frame this a little. I've had 2 cc permits in 2 states.

NY took me the better part of a year and all the signatures, cop visiting my house, purchase of a gun upfront and a judge approval.

no recert.

MS was about 6 weeks and only to carry cc. you didn't need it to own. it was at the dmv. you got fingerprinted, signed some stuff and didn't have to "register" each handgun.

but there was a 5 year recert.

I don't hate a recert and $10 doesn't hurt me all that bad. I hate all the other nonsense NY puts you through.

• Like 1

Starting point should be for every licence holder to contact any and all representatives and moan like heck about this crapola!!!

Cuomo has got to go!  Also contact the new president once in office- who knows?  He might be able to do a whole lot more than 

we might guess he could do about this kind of nonsense.

1 hour ago, RobC said:

How many did or are going to opt out of having their pistol permit on public records? Are permits now publicly accessed? 

Many counties said they will not release people's information no matter if they sent the opt out or not I would still send just in case.

12 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

They'd have to pay state employees overtime to get it done and we'll pay next time around lol
See your point but sadly what we do doesn't matter in the end. They have us by the  ballz or female pistol packing , the vee gee gee 

They won't do overtime. They aren't on a deadline to process anything. We are on one to submit. 

• Like 1