Pistol Recertification

nyantler

14 minutes ago, Belo said:

just to frame this a little. I've had 2 cc permits in 2 states.

NY took me the better part of a year and all the signatures, cop visiting my house, purchase of a gun upfront and a judge approval.

no recert.

MS was about 6 weeks and only to carry cc. you didn't need it to own. it was at the dmv. you got fingerprinted, signed some stuff and didn't have to "register" each handgun.

but there was a 5 year recert.

I don't hate a recert and $10 doesn't hurt me all that bad. I hate all the other nonsense NY puts you through.

What $10? it's free

There is no fee... and they aren't sending out renewal forms so I'd check to make sure somebody isn't scamming you. You have to request a form from the website if you don't recertify online. No form of notification will be sent by the state to individuals.

Always a fee in westchester. Every 5 years we have to renew. Nothing new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But that wasn't what the thread was about. 

My point was I never heard about this "recertification" thing. Only ever knew about renewing every 5 years. I would think a lot of people won't be doing this online renewal thing since there was no public announcement that I'm aware of.

My point was I never heard about this "recertification" thing. Only ever knew about renewing every 5 years. I would think a lot of people won't be doing this online renewal thing since there was no public announcement that I'm aware of.

Personally I think that is what they are hoping for
  • Like 1

Actually I got a letter in the mail telling me the online recertification is ready and I can recertify when ready via online or mail.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, halfnelson said:

I know some guys that aren't going to do it...will go to court to fight it when time comes. How the heck did Cuomo get this stuff through?

Wish them good luck from me. Hope they have deep pockets and can expect to lose their permits after they lose. This process takes 10 minutes and costs nothing. I have to pay I think $40 to renew my non resident Utah permit every 5 years. Not sure why the opposition to this procedure.:sorry:

28 minutes ago, Larry302 said:

From what I read , it said to list all handguns in your possession .

What about ones co registered?

One daughter in another city has some of mine on her permit, but not in her possession .....

I saw a section on the recert form for co-registered handguns. It was a check box, and since I don't have any co-registered, I couldn't tell you what additional info you need to provide once you checked the box.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jman22 said:

I saw a section on the recert form for co-registered handguns. It was a check box, and since I don't have any co-registered, I couldn't tell you what additional info you need to provide once you checked the box.

mine are all co-registered with my wife, checked the box and filled it out nothing extra was needed.