Around the yard

wooly

This family group of deer has been visiting again daily to munch on that unknown tree. Best answer I could get to that question was crab apple but I need to do more research....sounds too simple. I managed to snap a couple shots I liked the past couple days.

I love the tounge shots, but just noticed that stupid reflector melting out of the snow bank along the driveway,lol.  ::)

023_filtered-1.jpg

048_filtered.jpg

054_filtered.jpg

055_filtered.jpg

051_filtered.jpg

042_filtered-1.jpg

Here's a few waxwing shots I got as well. A really cool bird to watch and they sure give you some interesting looks. :)  Their colors almost look clownish amongst a colorfull surrounding.

176_filtered.jpg

175_filtered.jpg

202_filtered.jpg

203_filtered.jpg

243_filtered.jpg

I get quite the aray of animal life around my place from early spring until just after the hunting season starts, I posted the pics of the Dueling Tom's on the gobbler thread. Here are some deer pics:

2007_0923deer0052-1.jpg

2007_0923deer0050.jpg

2007_0923deer0028.jpg2007_0923deer0028.jpg

2007_0730FAWNS0010.jpg

2007_0415oil0001.jpg

The first two pics are a doe and her twin yrlings @ 15 yds off the back porch, the 3rd pic is another fawn @ 60 yds, and the rest are in the back lawn @ 145 yds or so.

They really work the three apple trees I have back there when apples are on............................

FDXX75

Thanks for the comments and tree ID confirmation guys!

Great shots wooly!

That doe is a load!  Wow, you think she's carrying? ;)  And the birds are exceptional, well done.

What is your camera gear set up?  I'm guessing it's not a P&S deal?

Lawdwaz- here's my set up. Very entry level DSLR.

Nikon D-3000, 10.2mp w/ 70-300 Sigma lens. That's pretty much all I shoot with anymore. My 18-55 and 55-200 lens' have been collecting dust for quite a while now. At times I wish this lens had the image stabilization feature but I do most of my shooting from a tripod so it's no big deal.

I think they replaced my cam this year with the new D-3100 which has a better image sensor.

100_0171_filtered.jpg

+1 The birds are awesome. What software do you use for post processing?

I'm tossing around getting for lr3, but it's a heavy hit..

For PP I just use the Nikon Capture NX that came with the camera. It's all basic tools like sharpening, light levels,contrast and color adjustments. I don't pay much attention to the hystograms but it shows them as well.

I purchased a Noise Ninja licence for about $70 for the digital noise removal. It also has some of these features along with luminance and smoothness.

It still takes me a while to do it all but I'm getting the hang of it finally. ;)

I'd love to try Photoshop but I just can't see spending that much for what I do with my pics.

Your getting great results, congrats..

I have canon, and have only fooled with the supplied software a little bit. I dable in mostly the freebie software so far.. Many recommend nn, going to check into it. 3200iso I sometimes get quite a bit. (indoor no flash sports)

fredmiranda.com is a canon sight, but it usually has alot of pp tips & method tutorials, so it may be of some assistance to you. Some of the photo examples posted up there are breathtaking.  Keep shooting!

What a great photo of your camera.  What were you shooting your D3000 with?

LMBO- that was shot with my pocket cam. Kodak Easy Share C-183. 14mp :)

Good to see you again kpkot. 8)

Can we get a picture of the Kodak easy Share also? <grin>

Once again, those are very nice pics.  You ever head to any of the wildlife refuges in the state?  I'd think you could have a ball with all the migrating birds coming back

Thanks and keep 'em coming!