Stand location

fasteddie

I see two other deer not pinned! Anyone else see them too?

Great spot Eddie!  How about if you use one of those double trunk trees, to break up your outline more? Or a really brushed in ground blind? Or perhaps a better spot before or after they get to here, would hide you better?

• Like 4

I don't see much of a problem here. If you could get a taller stand in there it would be better but it's still not terrible.

Cut some tree limbs up that will hold leaves for awhile or even a few pine branches and zip tie them to your ladder stand frame. I usually take a few branches and jam the ends where I cut into the holes in the metal mesh platform and lean them out and away from me. You can tie them down with zip ties to make sure they stay leaning away from you. If you really wanted to blend in you could even zip tie branches along the ladder rungs and such. I've seen it done to try and hide the ladder sections. For 30 mins and the cost of a bag of zip ties it's the best kinda camo you can get lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, grampy said:

I see two other deer not pinned! Anyone else see them too?

Great spot Eddie!  How about if you use one of those double trunk trees, to break up your outline more? Or a really brushed in ground blind? Or perhaps a better spot before or after they get to here, would hide you better?

Grampy , the stand is in a double tree trunk .......... By the time Bow Season opens everything will change and seeing the deer on this property will be sporadic .

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Grampy , the stand is in a double tree trunk .......... By the time Bow Season opens everything will change and seeing the deer on this property will be sporadic .

What a great point! In most cases, what you see now won't be anything like what you will be seeing next bow season. But I will say that it looks like the deer population is in pretty good shape.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:14 AM, Adkhunter1590 said:

I don't see much of a problem here. If you could get a taller stand in there it would be better but it's still not terrible.

Cut some tree limbs up that will hold leaves for awhile or even a few pine branches and zip tie them to your ladder stand frame. I usually take a few branches and jam the ends where I cut into the holes in the metal mesh platform and lean them out and away from me. You can tie them down with zip ties to make sure they stay leaning away from you. If you really wanted to blend in you could even zip tie branches along the ladder rungs and such. I've seen it done to try and hide the ladder sections. For 30 mins and the cost of a bag of zip ties it's the best kinda camo you can get lol

We do this in most every stand as urban hunting is usually limited in the amount of area you have to hunt.  The deer tend to spot it more later season when it sticks out as the leaves disappear.  Usually by that time I have to change tactics as the deer tent to pick up on our routine.  The better you blend in the less chance of getting spotted.  I tend to brush in the trail enter side more and the back where I can not shot the most. 

• Like 1