unbelievable!...

growalot

So this place Feathers Tick n Thyme. BB in Prattsburgh ..The owner repeated entered the guest and wedding couples rooms turning off the air conditioning and did so to the couple the night of their wedding in the night hours ...OMG Who would do that! No one could sleep because of the heat. The venue, the barn was not ventilated and a hot box as older barns can get in the heat of summer..no big fans to reduce the heat..never set up properly...

So glad I cancelled our wedding the day the invitations came no regrets on that decision so many years ago...Thank heavens they have an easy going core of friends and relatives that help to keep their day special...shame on the proprietors.. Besides isn't entering rented rooms illegal?...

My grandmother owned the bnb in cohocton that would be unheard of. Entering room is normal when guests are gone to clean replace towels make bed ect but you leave heat or air where they had it unless a storm required you to turn it off. That's bad business right there I had been in the bed and breakfast business for 15 years of my life I know the ins and out. Unfortunately the business burnt down some years ago and that was the last of it for me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Stone,

I  would bet MR B's family and yours know each other...his family is from there . I also had friends whos family lived there, Veeders..we would visit when goining to Roseland P ark during the summer...the fall folage festival was a yearly event. Know alot of people from there.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, growalot said:

BTW.. I was there to pick up River ..the guest.for the reception were all sitting in portable lawn chairs outside the barn and in an air condition travel camper(drivable) that someone drove in, to get to the wedding.

So it wasn't a wedding for anyone you knew? Oh my, how you do like to confuse people. On a wedding everyone should be fitted with a Barka Longer? Glad you have the money to accommodate that one. God forbid the less fortunate like me will have to do a wedding and reception on picnic tables. Just proves the less fortunate are bottom of the barrel here. 

Are you drinking with him?

1. they were outside because the barn was so dang hot

2. I said more then once it was friends and family

Rob...best weddings I've ever attended were in actual tractor barns with calves blatting in the next barn over..also in Pavillions next to ponds surrounded by corn fields.

Now when someone pays thousands for a venue plus a 100 per night for a two night minimum they should expect not only some service but privacy. So I wrote this so anyone else can have a choice to either avoid or to ask more concise questions should they decide to check the place out.

Not to get into a pizzing match  with someone who clearly has a chip on his shoulder. 

Edited by growalot

Sorry Paula I went over what I posted and it was very clear and my response to rob was to . Even though he went on some crazy thing about barka loungers and picnic tables. I clearly had said before his little rant the barn was a hot box. He then quoted my saying I was picking up River and said so it was a wedding where i didn't know anyone. Sure I'd be picking up my grandson from a strangers wedding...we rent him out as the cute little kid at weddings:rolleyes:. THAT WAS SARCASM.The only confusion made here was by him..and to the cops..comment...that's what every bride would want..cops and reports being made on their wedding weekend..Of course one would never think this proprietor would think the same thing..Besides this couple are some of the nicest you'd want to meet and it takes a lot to push them to such actions. 

I went to that web site and saw those reviews..well perhaps she does better with single travelers then wedding venues..I would also think the fall wine times would have less electric usage and air conditioning not as nessasary. Too bad, you dont advertise air conditioned rooms then freak out when it's being used. You dont advertise services then just don't provide them..knowing the customer is between a rock and a hard place with guests arriving.

Both our daughters rent apartments where electric is included in the rent, if they run a window AC each pays an additional $25 per month. I can't see where any real  savings is in turning one off a few hours a day . Not a smart business move .

But for $100 a night I wouldn't expect much either . 

• Like 2

you'd be surprised what some wedding venues are willing to ditch a wedding party for.  we were going to have ours at one place and they decided it interfered with their fall festivities.  they informed us far into the reservation process that they're were holding halloween fright fest on the grounds the same day and we'd have to just deal.  it wouldn't have been that bad if the fest wasn't surrounding our immediate wedding area.  they were going to have the wedding tent decor changed to match the scary festivities too.  we using other words in the most polite way possible said go screw yourself.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

you'd be surprised what some wedding venues are willing to ditch a wedding party for.  we were going to have ours at one place and they decided it interfered with their fall festivities.  they informed us far into the reservation process that they're were holding halloween fright fest on the grounds the same day and we'd have to just deal.  it wouldn't have been that bad if the fest wasn't surrounding our immediate wedding area.  they were going to have the wedding tent decor changed to match the scary festivities too.  we using other words in the most polite way possible said go screw yourself.

I just shake my head when I hear about guys (hunters) scheduling weddings and births in the fall!!! LOL. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I just shake my head when I hear about guys (hunters) scheduling weddings and births in the fall!!! LOL. 

I told my wife ,no wedding or births during hunting season. It took her a little bit before she realized I was serious.

• Like 3

When I got married,  there were no game seasons open in September, and I was years away of even THINKING of hunting elk, moose or caribou, so I figured that Sept  4 would be a safe date...

Then about 20 years later, I started going on big game hunts in Alaska, the Rocky mountains and northern Canada, many of which occur in September..

So it happened that on several of my wedding anniversaries, I  was  in the wilderness somewhere in North America instead of at home celebrating with my wife..

Do you  suppose that could be ONE of the reasons I'm no longer married  ?......<<sigh>>..... Oh WELL.....<<sheepish grin>>....

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

my wife wanted a fall wedding.  i said it's hunting season, so no.  she said we can schedule before deer season as she understands.  reluctantly, we schedule a couple weeks prior to the opening day of bow season.  any honeymoon that's not hunting related will still give me at least a week free prior to the season.  DEC announces moving opening day up two weeks to october 1st.  anniversary is September 29th.  i missed the first week at most for honeymoon vacation but as the season carries on I remind her i missed opening week for her!  lol  not much of a worry most of the time the big boys aren't on their feet as much versus last half of October.  i don't tell her that though.

• Like 1