Busbice Poacher

BizCT

8 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I believe both charges were for the calf (cow). The bull didn't yield any charges.

"pled guilty to charges of intentionally allowing an antlerless elk to go to waste and an additional charge of taking an elk without the proper license" 

Sounds to me like he shot at a bull in a running group and hit the cow(calf). Apparently he must be accustom to skipping the rules to suit him with his previous charges. 

the fine was for the illegal killing of 2 elk, once he shot the cow any elk he shot whether he had a tag or not would of been illegal form that point forward i would think.

judge Zebre sentenced Mr. Busbice to 180 days of jail suspended, providing that he lead a law abiding life during one and a half years of unsupervised probation; he was sentenced to pay the maximum fines for both violations and the maximum in restitution for the illegal take of both elk for a total of $23,000.00; and had all of his game and fish license privileges revoked for two years to include all of 2017 and 2018. Because Wyoming is part of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact, this loss of his license privileges applies in 45 states, including his home state of Louisiana.

• Like 1

Pretty sure the guy is worth tens (if not hundreds) of millions. $23K is a joke. Whole slew of companies owned by them, ameristep, flextime, WGI, etc. I already read that they own a 55K acre piece of timber $$$$ property. How many square miles is that?

He will just go hunt Africa, Europe, NZ etc for 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Pretty sure the guy is worth tens (if not hundreds) of millions. $23K is a joke. Whole slew of companies owned by them, ameristep, flextime, WGI, etc. I already read that they own a 55K acre piece of timber $$$$ property. How many square miles is that?

Outdoor Channel had dropped him. No doubt due to my strongly worded letter.

Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks Suspends Bill Busbice, Jr. and
“Wildgame Nation” After Charges in Wyoming

NEW YORK (June 27, 2017) – Following charges of poaching an elk in La Barge Creek, Wyoming, Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks has suspended the show Wildgame Nation and host Bill Busbice, Jr. from appearing on Outdoor Channel. The announcement was made today by Jim Liberatore, CEO and President of Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks. The suspension is effective immediately.
“Outdoor Sportsman Group is committed to legal and ethical hunting,” said Liberatore. “We have strict policies and procedures in place that require all of our talent and producers to abide by all hunting regulations. We hold our employees to the highest of standards in order to ensure that we are effectively serving the outdoor community. As a result of the recent charges in Wyoming involving Bill Busbice, Jr., we have suspended the show and Busbice indefinitely from Outdoor Channel.”
About Outdoor Channel

If you believe he needs further punishment, hit him in the bottom line: boycott his companies, or better yet, any companies that he does business with. And hit him via social media.

Do nothing and another rich arrogant ass gets to do what he wants with our common resource. 

Edited by left field

100 million according to a few sites I looked on. Add Barnett crossbows to the list too. And 55k acres is just a hair shy of 86 sq miles. And your right, he will just be hunting abroad for a couple years. The perks of being rich.....
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, left field said:

Outdoor Channel had dropped him. No doubt due to my strongly worded letter.

If you believe he needs further punishment, hit him in the bottom line: boycott his companies, or better yet, any companies that he does business with. And hit him via social media.

Do nothing and another rich arrogant ass gets to do what he wants with our common resource. 

This is just to save face. They dont want the eye's on many of the others who do the same exact things. The Outdoor Channel wants to continue getting rich also.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2017 at 6:10 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

these types of fines are consistent in the legal system though. The law does not take your current financial situation into affect. 

how neat would that be though? arrested for dwi and you have a sliding scale fine to pay based on your income!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, silentdog said:

Does anyone have a complete list of his companies?

check out "our brands" link at the top, it's pretty extensive. I know i've bought some evolved, plano and ameristep products over the years. Even the "dirt bag" when i was down south. deer never touched it lol. I've had some flextone calls but none were great and are in a box now.

http://www.planosynergy.com/#

• Like 1

check out "our brands" link at the top, it's pretty extensive. I know i've bought some evolved, plano and ameristep products over the years. Even the "dirt bag" when i was down south. deer never touched it lol. I've had some flextone calls but none were great and are in a box now.
http://www.planosynergy.com/#

Looks like they don't own all that anymore. http://www.wildgameinnovations.com/grounded-in-integrity/

I have not used their products.  At least Plano moved swiftly to terminate their relationship with Busbice. It  will be interesting to see if he resurfaces on another show.  I do not watch any of the hunting shows.  Most seem to be canned or at least make it look unrealistically easy.  They sensationalize a lot.  As someone previously said, I liked the Tred Barta show.  He came away empty-handed much of the time.

33 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Oh big time! I wonder if he still gets some royalties or something. Otherwise his life style will be changing greatly.

if you read that press release, it's clear he will no longer be "associated", but carefully worded enough where it's clear that he isn't just forefiting his business because he did some dumb stuff. To me this is like Donald sterling being forced to sell the clippers after some legal, but dumb racial comments. Poor Donald sold them for 1.2 billion. 

So he will lose his show and some income there, but the business will remain.

• Like 1